Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I'm 2.25 hours from Tim's in Muskoka (my God's Country). Tons of lakes and fishin'.

I'm hoping Gabe will enjoy fishin'....I'm gonna do my best. I had one son that did and one son that didn't. Every time I took them camping, they would fight like feral dogs. Finally, I figured out that one long day mountain excursion with one on a dirt bike and the other with me walking & shooting small game was Nirvana....lol.

We joined this church back in MO for the kids and they had us stand up and say where we were from. I was from that area so it was no big deal and the wife stood up and said she was from Northern Idaho, "God's country". It looked like the elders/members in that church were hit in the face with a baseball bat. I don't know what the big deal was......sayin' "God" in the church without permission I suppose. Went downhill after that.

Kevin

ANE.....like that!

Rest assured unless I have future health problems that don't allow it.....I'm winding my way with my grandson (when he's considerably older) all the way up to Maine and into Ontario as well. I love me a good road trip and I don't know how many I have left in me...lol. So figure I'll impose on all you guys that-a-way for a few hrs someday.

Kevin

Sounds good to me!!!! You can run that minty 111S...!!!!

I'm hoping Gabe will enjoy fishin'....I'm gonna do my best. I had one son that did and one son that didn't. Every time I took them camping, they would fight like feral dogs. Finally, I figured out that one long day mountain excursion with one on a dirt bike and the other with me walking & shooting small game was Nirvana....lol.

We joined this church back in MO for the kids and they had us stand up and say where we were from. I was from that area so it was no big deal and the wife stood up and said she was from Northern Idaho, "God's country". It looked like the elders/members in that church were hit in the face with a baseball bat. I don't know what the big deal was......sayin' "God" in the church without permission I suppose. Went downhill after that.

Kevin
Well I don't know about small game but I could get you into some sporting clays at my club. Certainly have extra shotties.

Well I don't know about small game but I could get you into some sporting clays at my club. Certainly have extra shotties.

That's OK and thanks, but I don't even shoot anymore....hopefully the fishing thing will take with Gabe. I've dreamed about fishing in remote Canadian lakes since I was a boy and read the 'stories' in sporting magazines.

Kevin

2017-04-30 11.20.02.jpg 2017-04-30 11.20.46.jpg 2017-04-30 11.21.22.jpg 2017-04-30 11.21.11.jpg Pulled the El Raket XB family out for a family picture today.

The red one is in mint condition; I'm the third owner. Second owner had it for the past 30+ years and used it quite sparingly. I'm told that the red XB's were for export; the green ones were sold new in Sweden. i

The middle saw is a regular XB. Arrived a few days ago; haven't had a chance to clean it up yet.

The green one on the end is an XB-19, but we can't figure out what the difference is between an XB and an XB-19. This one did come with the original literature, but it's all in Swedish.

Be wary if you're considering that watch. The movement needs a COMPLETE overhaul and the back has really taken some punishment. Not asking a king's ransom.....probably a decent Swiss maker from the look of it. But Farfo would want $400 minimum to restore it and I have no idea what the market worth of that watch is. Still...not going to see a Swiss made watch with "Jonsereds" written on the dial very often, if ever. Maybe they were given to their most prolific dealers as an award.

Kevin

View attachment 576496 View attachment 576497 View attachment 576500 View attachment 576501 Pulled the El Raket XB family out for a family picture today.

The red one is in mint condition; I'm the third owner. Second owner had it for the past 30+ years and used it quite sparingly. I'm told that the red XB's were for export; the green ones were sold new in Sweden. i

The middle saw is a regular XB. Arrived a few days ago; haven't had a chance to clean it up yet.

The green one on the end is an XB-19, but we can't figure out what the difference is between an XB and an XB-19. This one did come with the original literature, but it's all in Swedish.

Well, at least you know from the red one how far and what direction to go for the others. The red one is just pure saw sex...lol!

Kevin

Resurrecting an old post. I have been playing with various plastics and found that PETG (Chris-PA had mentioned it in earlier posts) actually has better properties than the ABS I originally printed the original fans out of. Strength wise, ABS is perfectly fine. But for prolonged exposure to solvents (ie gasoline) PETG is superior. If anyone is interested in purchasing the flywheel fans, let me know, I have had a few on saws for a while and they seem to be working great.

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...heel-3-d-printable.269641/page-7#post-6232269

Just a heads up. bigrichard is selling some of his new flywheel fans for 70E's. I have one in the mail for a spare for my 66 or in case I latch onto a 70e with a broken one.

? The screw in the center of the starter pulley on an 801
is it left hand thread or right ?
I held the cover had a friend try and turn with vice grips on the screw driver broke the tip off
so I have sprayed it with WD-40 will try tonight

? The screw in the center of the starter pulley on an 801
is it left hand thread or right ?
I held the cover had a friend try and turn with vice grips on the screw driver broke the tip off
so I have sprayed it with WD-40 will try tonight

Reg right-handed threads....could be a real beeetch after all these yrs. WD-40 is NOT a rust penetrant. Use PB Blaster or better yet, Kroil. Once the rust penetrant has a chance to work, put your driver into the slot and then give it a couple of firm hits (not too hard
because you could punch through the assembly).

Kevin

Reg right-handed threads....could be a real beeetch after all these yrs. WD-40 is NOT a rust penetrant. Use PB Blaster or better yet, Kroil. Once the rust penetrant has a chance to work, put your driver into the slot and then give it a couple of firm hits (not too hard
because you could punch through the assembly).

Kevin

Kroil for the win! It's 10x better than WD40 and significantly better than WD40. If you don't have any, mix up acetone and auto trans fluid 50/50. That will work better than WD40 or PB Blaster. Some folks think 50/50 is superior to Kroil, but I'm not one of them.

Good luck!

Found a video I took of my 630 running some test cuts last summer after the rebuild. Forgot I had it. Bit long, but I like to listen to them after and study the sound/tune. Maybe a bit rich here. Hearing loss makes it tricky for me. This one seems to cut ok with the hybrid makeup. Meteor piston, 61 crank and flywheel and so forth. I noticed it was getting stronger after a dozen or so more tanks last fall. Chain was past due in the video.

I can almost smell those clean doug fir chips piling up on my feet.

Found a video I took of my 630 running some test cuts last summer after the rebuild. Forgot I had it. Bit long, but I like to listen to them after and study the sound/tune. Maybe a bit rich here. Hearing loss makes it tricky for me. This one seems to cut ok with the hybrid makeup. Meteor piston, 61 crank and flywheel and so forth. I noticed it was getting stronger after a dozen or so more tanks last fall. Chain was past due in the video.

I can almost smell those clean doug fir chips piling up on my feet.

Nice!! 630 has got be one of the best all around saws ever made!!! Like it took over where the 621 left off.....

On the other hand hard to pass up this BIN........LOL!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-Chain-Saw-/122476061715?hash=item1c84246413:g:MOAAAOSw42JZCNJG

AND only $37.65 more to ship it to Maine.....what a stihl.......

Nice!! 630 has got be one of the best all around saws ever made!!! Like it took over where the 621 left off.....

On the other hand hard to pass up this BIN........LOL!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-Chain-Saw-/122476061715?hash=item1c84246413:g:MOAAAOSw42JZCNJG

AND only $37.65 more to ship it to Maine.....what a stihl.......

I had a husky version of that saw. Ran great, sounded great, oiled well and gave you lots of time to look at your watch when cutting small stuff.

Back