Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was collecting Jonsereds, I would be on it.

Yep......but at the price these bring......I'm tickled right to death to have the one I have....might aquire a beeta some time as I do have an NOS P&C that needs a home on one of my saws......was a wedding present so can't be parted with....

I recently acquired a 670 champ, it runs great. But it tunes to about 1/2 out on both h and l. I haven't ran into that before. I haven't been in the carb, maybe the metering arm is too high or the needle seats are messed up? It also leaks exhaust out of the holes that attach the muffler to the cylinder. Everything is tight and snug. Has the muffler internals failed?

I recently acquired a 670 champ, it runs great. But it tunes to about 1/2 out on both h and l. I haven't ran into that before. I haven't been in the carb, maybe the metering arm is too high or the needle seats are messed up? It also leaks exhaust out of the holes that attach the muffler to the cylinder. Everything is tight and snug. Has the muffler internals failed?

Hmmmm......does it have exhaust studs or bolts? If bolts, perhaps the bolts are a tad to long and are bottoming out just as it gets tight........or perhaps it is missing the heat deflector and/or gaskets that should be between the muffler and the cyl....again causing the bolts or nuts to bottom out before tightening tightly......just thoughts.

Hmmmm......does it have exhaust studs or bolts? If bolts, perhaps the bolts are a tad to long and are bottoming out just as it gets tight........or perhaps it is missing the heat deflector and/or gaskets that should be between the muffler and the cyl....again causing the bolts or nuts to bottom out before tightening tightly......just thoughts.

There is no gasket present, it goes cylinder, heat deflector, muffler. Am I missing a gasket, I didn't see one on the ipl.

There is no gasket present, it goes cylinder, heat deflector, muffler. Am I missing a gasket, I didn't see one on the ipl.
Most I see have a gasket between the heat deflector and the muffler......again may have to do more with the bolts or studs running out of threads

Thanks, I'll give it a good look again. The bolts running out of depth certainly makes sense. I can fab up a gasket and see if it solves the problem.

2054 lost its bottom rear antivibe spring thingy.
bcfc663dc9db405d09f2d105c55e99c5.jpg

5e16c77d2acbe7f8fa0221943f7673d8.jpg

Can one of you do me some good.

Saw belongs to my barber.

Wow, take a few days off (in Africa; had internet but not AS?) and there's a running 111S on the auction block! Too bad my money tree is completely depleted, but on a positive note, it's been a good month for saw hunting.

Speaking of saw hunting, what did I buy here? Seller doesn't know, but I'm thinking it's an 80 based on the rear handle, profile, and anti-vibe. Thoughts? It's on the way here from Germany.

$_72-1.JPG $_72.JPG

I found the gasket on a later ipl, thanks guys for the help.

You're probably not out of the woods though....gonna need to clean and rebuild the carb.....do a pressure & vacuum test on the saw itself. You HS setting is way off....most likely an air leak and I wouldn't run a vintage saw like that until you check things out.

Kevin

Sorry ya missed the 111S....you said they are quite rare there. Everything seems to be there on the 80 you just got (original to the saw).....have to see closer pics though..

Kevin

I have found a few 111's here, but nothing for sale.

But the good news is that I have found a guy who seems to have an endless supply of XF projects...just had a big box delivered yesterday and working a deal on several more...

You're probably not out of the woods though....gonna need to clean and rebuild the carb.....do a pressure & vacuum test on the saw itself. You HS setting is way off....most likely an air leak and I wouldn't run a vintage saw like that until you check things out.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I've got all the stuff to pressure vac test which I will do. While there is something going on with the carb I don't suspect an air leak. It actually tunes well, just in the wrong spot. I've had many saws with air leaks, sometimes they will tune, but they all tuned past 1 turn out and most still wanted to over rec.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsereds-111S-vintage-chainsaw-110cc-excellent-condition/332229215304?_trksid=p2054502.c100226.m3208&_trkparms=aid=999002&algo=URGENT.LUI&ao=1&asc=20160908104059&meid=d38a4508a3e146a9a7fc7ab7ee23148f&pid=100226&rk=1&rkt=1&so=lastwatched&sd=151694551486

This guys been stalled for quite a while at $679.00.....only 4 1/2 hrs left.....top bidder has increased his bid twice after taking the lead....might be a dog fight at the end.....might not.....might try being home at lunch to see the last seconds....

Sold for $960 -- sounds like a lot, but I haven't seen any for sale, so I don't know how it compares to others that have sold. Anyone know?

Scott

Latest posts

Back