Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd get a much better rate if you brought your 111S with you! Seriously, I've been looking for one for a while; if you want to sell or trade, please PM me.

Dean bought that 111S in a moment of eBay weakness and late night weariness. I had a really good story cooked up about alley shadows and nefarious individuals, but he wouldn't have any of it...lol.

Kevin

Dean bought that 111S in a moment of eBay weakness and late night weariness. I had a really good story cooked up about alley shadows and nefarious individuals, but he wouldn't have any of it...lol.

Kevin

HAHAHAHAH . . . . . . . Beer, CAD and 111s' do not mix!!!

I remember laying in bed with the laptop and bidding then carefully glancing over at my wife to see if she saw what I had just done.

Speaking of which......I have a real nice one of these...gotta split the cases...oil tank leaks....bad gasket.

This looks like a pretty decent early 630 V......for those that don't know (like the seller) the V means electric heated handles.....be one to watch if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JONSERED-63...465657?hash=item5b3a611839:g:vC8AAOSwN2VZSJGa

Boy....still a tad over week to go and already at $125.00.......told ya this is a good one to watch....these are somewhat rare and are great saws.....this would have the thin rings and considered very high performance.....which they in fact were......but only as long as you understood what you had....which many didn't.....the result was many stuck rings and unhappy owners. If I were to acquire this saw the first thing I would do is pull it apart and clean the ring groves and lands of all visible carbon, then if the end gaps were acceptable put it all back together and run a very high detergent full synth oil.....like Stihl Ultra or similar at 50:1....these were hot saws and still can be.....or you just replace the piston with a Meteor single ring piston....but I would run the thin rings if possible.

Boy....still a tad over week to go and already at $125.00.......told ya this is a good one to watch....these are somewhat rare and are great saws.....this would have the thin rings and considered very high performance.....which they in fact were......but only as long as you understood what you had....which many didn't.....the result was many stuck rings and unhappy owners. If I were to acquire this saw the first thing I would do is pull it apart and clean the ring groves and lands of all visible carbon, then if the end gaps were acceptable put it all back together and run a very high detergent full synth oil.....like Stihl Ultra or similar at 50:1....these were hot saws and still can be.....or you just replace the piston with a Meteor single ring piston....but I would run the thin rings if possible.

Well, there's been seven bidders so far with seven days to go and not to the snipe stage yet. I'd say it's got hella interest.

I'd defiintely keep the thin rings and use the Ultra...just degrading the saw with a single ring Meteor.

Kevin

Damn, I know that guy. Been to his place several times for saws, he's 20 minutes down the road.
I'm bidding!!!!

OK just as a FYI....the seller that just sold beavis his 910.... "jwteamp92zp"
says he's getting ready to dump about a thousand chainsaws on eBay. He's already got some J'reds listed.

Because in this thread we have an unofficial policy of being mature gentlemen....we usually post that we are bidding on a particular saw so that there isn't unecessary bidding competition for the same saw between us.

Let's face it like it is....we all have CAD and most of us probably don't need any more saws. But this might be a greart opportunity to fill in our collections or find parts. I have no idea of his inventory but I would expect J'reds and Husky saws to appear in his offereings.

All I'm asking is that we just speak up and say 'Hey I'm interested in this saw, is anyone else here interested?' It won't hurt you a bit and will keep us all on a friendly, even playing field!

Thanks

Kevin

Does he have parts? I just found out that the clutch side bearing on one of my 111S' is shot....

:(

He says a thousand or so saws....judging by what he has listed now...some will be incomplete parts saws.

He says he could have listed everything in lots, but won't take the time and just sacrifice the potential money for our gain. My guess is you'll see mostly saws if he's true to his word.

Kevin

SO . . . . . .get THIS!!!!

BIL bought a "new in the box" Husky 450 from Lowes.
And then asks me if I have a Husky carb adjustment tool.

I thought, yeah . . . . . I have a screwdriver. But after I google husky carb adjustment tool, it turns out you need a 21 spline tool to adjust the carb!!???!!!!

What's wrong with using a screwdriver, a common flat screwdriver that you probably have laying under the seat of your truck.
It irritates me that they change things like this with what appears to be only serving one purpose and that is to make a buck on selling another specialty tool.

It is an anti tamper screw. The EPA does not want the manufacturers to sell the tool and will fine them if they catch them, but.... They are likely the best thing since sliced bread. There's nothing like trying to get a screwdriver on a little screw while the saw is running. Those things just slip on and stay there until you pull them off.
Failing getting a set from China, you can always slip a piece of stiff vinyl tubing over the screw, pull it out and cut a slot with a dremel.

It is an anti tamper screw. The EPA does not want the manufacturers to sell the tool and will fine them if they catch them, but.... They are likely the best thing since sliced bread. There's nothing like trying to get a screwdriver on a little screw while the saw is running. Those things just slip on and stay there until you pull them off.
Failing getting a set from China, you can always slip a piece of stiff vinyl tubing over the screw, pull it out and cut a slot with a dremel.

I don't know how it's legal, but the tools are for sale on eBay.....all the styles. But I think you are correct Tim, they are all made in China. China certainly doesn't care about our regulations or complying with manufacturers edicts.

The manufacturers will indeed be fined if they are caught selling the adjustment tool to anyone other than a servicing dealer. And the servicing dealer will be fined as well if they sell you the tool.

Kevin

Eric, Robin, Niko....question on the 2095. It's been said on the Net that the case was designed by Jonsered engineers. Well that's impossible as a company, because they were long bought out as a company by Electrolux AB when the 2095 was made. But.....I think it's fair to assume that in the buyout, Electrolux could have absorbed some (if not all) previous J'red engineers. However.....I would guess though that if the 2095 has an exact Husky counterpart, it would most likely be a Husky design at that stage of Electrolux history?

Kevin

Back