Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol...he knows he let it sit on concrete for ages and it got 'cancer'. Maybe you can bargan him down over that point? Parts are unobtainium....not like you can just ring somebody for a handle.

I don't see the classic 'twist' decomp the 111S had? Looking more like it's probably the 110........

I think from a collector's viewpoint, owning a 110 would be cool and they are uber rare. Now if you want braggin' rights/creds at a GG, you probably won't get that pitted against the 111S in actual use.

Kevin

Lol...he knows he let it sit on concrete for ages and it got 'cancer'. Maybe you can bargan him down over that point? Parts are unobtainium....not like you can just ring somebody for a handle.

I don't see the classic 'twist' decomp the 111S had? Looking more like it's probably the 110........

I think from a collector's viewpoint, owning a 110 would be cool and they are uber rare. Now if you want braggin' rights/creds at a GG, you probably won't get that pitted against the 111S in actual use.

Kevin

Yep, would definitely be the only one on my block with a 110. Hope I end up with it.

Thanks

Kevin

Closed the deal. But it's in Sweden. Should have it in about 10 days.

There's the decomp.....man, that thing sat and rotted for yrs....look at the bar rust!

Wadda we think now-110?

Hopefully wwhen you get that corrosion brushed off, it's not that deep. I'm not seeing the 'pits' of advanced cancer. The remnants of debris looks like it sat on the ground rather than concrete. Unloved saw fer sure. I'd put some penetrating oil in the cyclinder before I even pulled on it....

Kevin

There's the decomp.....man, that thing sat and rotted for yrs....look at the bar rust!

Wadda we think now-110?

Hopefully wwhen you get that corrosion brushed off, it's not that deep. I'm not seeing the 'pits' of advanced cancer. The remnants of debris looks like it sat on the ground rather than concrete. Unloved saw fer sure. I'd put some penetrating oil in the cyclinder before I even pulled on it....

Kevin

Definitely unloved. Corrosion doesn't look too bad, but the bar has definitely seen better days; will give it to a buddy for an electrolysis bath.

A real mystery! There is so little info out there about the 110 and the 111 that I don't know how to tell them apart. The 110 and early 111 both have a different looking mount for the rear of the top handle (that piece that sticks up from behind the clutch cover) and the one piece top cover. That is all I really know about them and this one falls into that category. The cases are stamped "S" where as both 111S's I have owned are "S1", but I don't know when that change would have occurred. Not much help, but hopefully a few pieces for the puzzle.

A real mystery! There is so little info out there about the 110 and the 111 that I don't know how to tell them apart. The 110 and early 111 both have a different looking mount for the rear of the top handle (that piece that sticks up from behind the clutch cover) and the one piece top cover. That is all I really know about them and this one falls into that category. The cases are stamped "S" where as both 111S's I have owned are "S1", but I don't know when that change would have occurred. Not much help, but hopefully a few pieces for the puzzle.

My 111S has only an "S" cast into the cases.......so.....not sure what that means either.......wish PB was still around he might have some additional info.....n

If there's any decal/sticker left on the top cover....on the side where the ON/OFF switch is, I've never seen a 111 that didn't have at least "111" on the decal. Maybe the 110 didn't have a decal/sticker there at all?

Kevin

Whoa.....! Maybe with a little kerosene/diesel and some very light elbow grease, you could find a remnant of the sticker/decal in just that space? Might be a faint outline?

Of course now I want to know the mechanical differences between the two.....

Kevin

Attachments

• 111saw1042495026fb6.jpg
    111saw1042495026fb6.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 111101292493700dr0.jpg
    111101292493700dr0.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 82
  • cimg2913bu2.jpg
    cimg2913bu2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Jonsereds111or110001_zps0c96762e.jpg
    Jonsereds111or110001_zps0c96762e.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Jonsereds111or110002_zpsd57a97fe.jpg
    Jonsereds111or110002_zpsd57a97fe.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 81
Tagged the wrong member in the post above - should be @Bill G

Magnus thinks it's a 110, based on the rivets (not sure which rivets he's referring to).

Also, apparently the 110's were only produced in 1972, so there can't be too many left. On a related note, Mike Acres also lists the 110 on his site, but he shows it as being produced from 1972-1980. We know that's not the case; the 111 and 111S were the successors to the 110, so they wouldn't have been produced at the same time.

The 110 picture Mike has also looks like a saw with a 2 piece top cover.

Someone has to have some J'red literature from 1971/1972 that would shed some light on this.

That's just it....the lit out there on the big J'reds dawgs is sparce to non-existent. We've been waiting for yrs for someone to find some 'archive' somewhere to fill in the blanks. In the net's end, that may have to come for a Swedish source.

Eric has as much lit as anyone I know and he's basically stumped as well with regard to the 110. I always thought the two-piece cover was a late 111 run that morphed into the 111S. If there is indeed a two-piece cover on a 110, all bets are off. Once you offer a two-piece cover, it makes no sense to go back to a one-piece cover at some point. And then there's originality...who's to say that someone didn't swap a later two-piece cover onto an older 110 because it was cracked....or they liked the two-peice better etc. 'course if the two-piece cover says 110....you got me.

Acres has been known to make grievous errors, but what he did overall is phenomenal. Nobody else has done anything even remotely like it.

Kevin

I've got some J'red lit (all digital) that I found earlier this week that I need to go through. If there's anything interesting, regardless if it's related to the 110/111, I'll post it here.

I need to make a pilgrimage to Sweden. Wife has given the tentative thumbs up. Problem is that Sweden is such a big country, and I would want to visit the south to see Jonsered and some saw acquaintances but I've been buying most of my saws from rural northern Sweden and that's a 15 hour drive.

Don't get me wrong on Mike Acres -- what he has done is incredibly helpful. It's just worth pointing on that in this instance, the data does not appear to be accurate.

Scott

I think it would be well worth the trip, although I was told that a lot of the original Jonsereds records were destroyed in a fire. I don't even know if that's true or just a rumor. What you may find though are individuals still alive that worked at the factory....that would be the next best thing. When I was in Sweden many eons ago, I found the people incredibly helpful and friendly. I can't say the same thing for the Germans, for example.

Well, usually when Acres is wrong, he's really wrong...lol.

Kevin

Back