• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Jonsered Iron Horse skidder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phased1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good deal on a Jonsered (Lennartsfors) Iron Horse skidder.
New they are expensive (for what they are), so I'm looking for a good used one.

If anyone has or knows of one please give drop me a line.

There was one "Like New" in Ohio but it sold before I saw it, bummer.

I can pick up in Western Canada, Idaho, Montana, or Washington, etc, otherwise we can arrange shipping.

Iron Horse.png

Thanks.

I would love one of those. They are a very neat machine. I would use it all the time. I have looked at a few youtube vids and i like what i see.

What would postage charge be to Australia? .......Just kidding, i don't want to sell one of my cars for one. :)

I watched one work one time.
Dam impressive.
That's good to know.
I've never actually seen one in person, which makes the purchase a little difficult.

I contacted the seller in WY, $7000 seems high for such a well used 15 year old machine (it's a 1999), but ya' can't fault him for asking what he wants.
It's a shame I didn't see the "like new" one for $7500,.... maybe something else will come along.

If they are actually $15,000 new then $7000 for a working used one is not that out of line. You need to decide how bad you want one. I realize everyone wants the best deal they can find but at the end of the day squabbling over a few bucks leaves one or both parties without what they want

If they are actually $15,000 new then $7000 for a working used one is not that out of line. You need to decide how bad you want one. I realize everyone wants the best deal they can find but at the end of the day squabbling over a few bucks leaves one or both parties without what they want

Hi Bill,
You're right, a few dollars or pennies here or there is pointless if you get something that works and you can earn a living with it.
But personally I also don't want to be replacing the tracks or bogies in the near future if I can avoid it, I'm not that mechanically inclined (sure I do it out of necessity but it's usually a challenge and involves considerable research on the Net, btw, forums like this are much appreciated :clap:) and it would mean ordering the OEM parts in.
I'm still kicking myself for missing the "like new" one.

Try this, while it is an old ad it was just updated this week. Closer than the others, I found it on the Fine Wood Working forum.

Jonsered Iron Horse- low impact logging machine (post #170565)
The1chump on Mon, 09/17/2012 - 10:22 (updated 02/24/14 - 02:03)
in
I have a Jonsered Iron Horse I would like to sell. It is in good working condition, comes with dump bed and an extra set of used tracks. Just rebuilt all of the worn steering and works very well now. Engine is a 5.5 horse and starts with ease every time. This model retailed at about 13,000 new without the dump bed. I would like 5500 obo. Live in Colorado, could haul for the right price. It was never really used hard from my understanding, it was used to transport supplies and materials to the cabin just below timberline on pikes peak. Call Sean 719-510-3415

Thanks.

You guys are awesome, you've found all the Iron Horse units that are presently for sale.

I saw the pair on Ebay and yes they're beat and need parts as well as motors.
The one in Colorado is only 5.5 hp, (small, but maybe not a deal breaker) the breaker was that it only has a hand crank not a power driven winch.
I emailed (twice) the WY one and asked if he'd send photos of the trailer and consider hauling it part of the distance but no reply.

Now if someone could only find that "like new" one I'd jump on it.

Thanks all your help.

Here's something similar:). When I saw these at the store I was all giddy..lol
1978 Bombardier Model SW 48 FA, Ford 250 C.I.D. Gas, C6 Auto, 14 Inch Track,PSU
$_1.JPG

That does look like a lot of fun.
And I could find a use for it ;)
A smarter guy than me could figure out how to put a grapple on it.

That Iron Horse in WY is on Ebay, starting bid $6000, down from the $7000 on CL.......
It's obviously been used for logging, but (for me anyway) it's always hard to tell how "well used" things are just from just pictures.
Hmmmmmm

The local CCC camp had a Bombardier with a winch on it set up for logging. Think they used it for log jams. Always wondered what happened to it.

Latest posts

Back