Jonsered turbo 2083 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endmill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
O.K. bought a Jonsered 2083 turbo 1997 little low on compression but does start. We have a Husky dealer in town so is there a Husky twin so I can get parts.

No Husqvarna twin, there is one in Poulan pro colors I'm unsure of the model number.

Jeremy

Piston kits are available on parts tree for 122 bucks. Rings are nla, but I bet you could match some up.

Jeremiah knows these pretty well and may know where to get other parts.

I haven't got the jug off yet but being a pre epa 19997 model I would think it is a 54mm. The compression is about 100 psi, I figured being a one ringer I would try just re-ring it first.

If the machine marks are gone from the skirt then a new piston would be better.

Piston. Here is a secret meteor 064 if it's 77cc or 066 if it's 83cc Measure the piston 2083II was a 77cc

The 066 piston is 20 thou taller. You will have to open up between the pin bosses if I remember right. But it's readily available is two ring and closes up your squish.

David

I can find the ring on ebay, but can find the base gasket, would also like to find an air filter. Other than going to a dealer. Where else to look?

Build it into a 2077 (2083-2) as Meteor still sells pistons for those and I still see cylinders from time to time. I also have a blown up 2083 with a salvageable cylinder to rebuild.... need a choke lever... I would be interested if you run into a supply of parts.

As far as I know, the last 2083 IPL is dated 1996-08, and the first 2083 II IPL is dated 1998-09. The 2083 II was a EPA version, made for the US market, and the same saw as the 2077 sold at the same time over here (2077 Turbo with the fully developed "air injection". The original 2077 didn't have that, but both the P7700 and the 2077 got it in 1992).

As he said it is 54 mm, and based on the IPL dates, it is very likely that this is a 82 cc 2083, and not a 2083 II.

"My thread" on this saw family started pretty much in the dark, so the late posts are much more reliable as info that the early ones! ;)

I still don't know exactly when the original P7700 came out though, but it likely was 1989 or 1990 - which means they all were made at the Husky factory.

I can find the ring on ebay, but can find the base gasket, would also like to find an air filter. Other than going to a dealer. Where else to look?
I bet there is room to assemble it without the base gasket, check it & get some sealer, that's my plan. If your dealers are like mine you will have to order the air filter, dealers around hear don't have parts in stock for a Stihl 044 less alone a 2083.

Which air filter you got? The style like on a poulan 330 etc that come in mesh and flock. Thats the ones I like best.
I dont care for the early 415 and 475 air filters. I do the update on mine.

066 piston in 505

case2150005_zps3458fcea.jpg

Latest posts

Back