Jonsered vs. Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now Woodie.................:sword: :sword:

Now Ultra...let's not you and I go crappin' up this guy's thread!! (I try to save that for the Sthilhead threads...) :D :D :D

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bickering...

Just get the 372xp. I have the 7900 and the 372xp. The 7900 does have the power advantage over the 372, but I think the 372xp just a great little saw. The 372 is going to get hard to come by, so get yours now. If you want more power get it built up.

Plus it does look like your other saw enough to trick your wife. I understand that completely. I had a 350 then got a 261 then a 372. As long as I keeped them all apart my gf had no idea.
But then I got a Stihl. I just told her I traded some ammo for it. Then came the Dolmar, but the Dolmar looks enough like the others she's not notice. Now I have a 395, but I'm good there too. I just can't keep more than one of the other saws with the Stihl

Are you taliking abou the dealer in Westfield?I just bought my 5100 off him.He's doing some work on my old Echo 750.Great guy,i highly recomend him

Yep that's the guy. I have been by his place at least 100 times and never knew he was there. I had a great time talking with him about the Dolmars and Jonsereds. He even fixed the leaky fuel cap on my 55 (the new style cap did the trick). He seems really squared away and I would have no problem doing business with him.

I love my 7900, you just can't beat the power and quality for the money.

attachment.php

Other than the bent handle you must admit they have the sexy looks of a Jred:)

Yeah, but that's like saying "Other than that disfiguring run-in with a threshing machine, she's a good-looking farmer's daughter..." :D

Yeah, but that's like saying "Other than that disfiguring run-in with a threshing machine, she's a good-looking farmer's daughter..." :D
Okay thanks for making me ruin my key board with Rum and Coke!
I will admit it the strait handle feels more comfy when I have to do limbing and always reaching with the saw I am just more comfortable with the Jred handle.But that German girl really puts out! Very smooth nice figure
Strong and always ready to go.

I honestly don't notice a difference between straight and bent handles. I have to actually think about it to notice it.

I honestly don't notice a difference between straight and bent handles. I have to actually think about it to notice it.
Not me Most of my saw's are strait handle takes me a few minutes to get used to the bent ones but really it isn't that big a deal with a saw I am using for bucking but feels strange to me on one I use for limbing.
But everybody is different Some like the angle some don't some like you it makes no diff. But it is a fun point to argue over lol.

Okay thanks for making me ruin my key board with Rum and Coke!
I will admit it the strait handle feels more comfy when I have to do limbing and always reaching with the saw I am just more comfortable with the Jred handle.But that German girl really puts out! Very smooth nice figure
Strong and always ready to go.

Maybe puts out, but will probably make you take antibiotics for a couple of weeks. I will stick with the sexy red heads and leave the German woman's wrestling team for you. :cheers:

Of course I have too say go for the Dolmar. 7300 is a beautiful saw and the 7900 even more so. That said, I have nothing against J-Red's either. Almost bought (wish I had) a 2095 last week. I would see which the dealer is willing too give you the best deal on. If it's the same money, for sure get the 7300 due too the power advantage. :cheers:

Back