Jonsered vs. Husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see a picture of one of those. To use the 372 filter cover, you need to use the 372 top cover and then the 2171 recoil housing won't fit. If you hack the top cover to fit, it must look like :censored:

are you guys sure about that? I would think you only need to change filter covers(seperate from top cover)?:monkey:

are you guys sure about that?:monkey:

YUP!!!!

attachment.php

no :censored:!! I have never had a reason to look but it seems strange that they designed the cover differently:dizzy:

Thanks for the pic:cheers:

I bouhgt my Jonsered 2063 and I was told the Husky equivilant was $150 more. And it runs circles around eveything else Ive owned or anything its came across. So if the Husky is actually better Ill go with that if I can even kill this one.

Last edited:
I bouhgt my Jonsered 2063 and I was told the Husky equivilant was $150 more. And it runs circles around eveything else Ive owned or anything its came across. So if the Husky is actually better Ill go with that if I can even kill this one.

The 2063 is basically the early version of the 362xp. :)

Yup Jred and Husky are just like Chevy and GMC. Jred parts are cheaper though.

Some US dealers, like Spike60, actually do - but as you said, the distributers are not the same.

It is far from typical though, as I understand it! :)

Over here, I have never found a dealer that do it - Husky and Stihl-yes, Jred and Partner-yes, but no other combos. :)

I´ve seen one dealer here in Denmark having both Husqvarna, Jonsered and Stihl!

The normal combo however is Husqvarna/Stihl.

That said, I KNOW for a fact, that ALL Jonsered dealers can order all Husqvarna parts, and vice versa.

Only thing they can´t order is the complete saw.

So if you WANT a Jonsered, but only have a Husqvarna dealer, you shouldn´t worry about getting parts.

I’m working on taking parts from a 346xpg and a 2145 and using them to make up a 2149 of my liking. I have noticed that the jonsered cylinder bolts are a type of coarse thread and vs husky the normal fine thread
Gotta be careful as they don’t interchange

Hind sight is 20/20. I'm sure more than a few Jonsered fans are having buyers remorse now. Great saws though.
Buyer's remorse, why?? I love my Jonsered 2260!

IMG-2448-S.jpg

It's been an amazing saw, that everyone wants to run!

SR

Hind sight is 20/20. I'm sure more than a few Jonsered fans are having buyers remorse now. Great saws though.
Yep, for sure! :(

In 2018, one of our local outdoor power equipment dealers had three Jonsered saws left, a CS2258 18" b&c, a CS2260 20" b&c and a CS2171 20" b&c (IIRC), all for $100 plus off MSRP.

I bought my son the CS2258. I wanted that CS2260 so bad. It was gone a few day later. :chainsaw:

NYH1.

Yep, for sure! :(

In 2018, one of our local outdoor power equipment dealers had three Jonsered saws left, a CS2258 18" b&c, a CS2260 20" b&c and a CS2171 20" b&c (IIRC), all for $100 plus off MSRP.

I bought my son the CS2258. I wanted that CS2260 so bad. It was gone a few day later. :chainsaw:

NYH1.
Bought a used 2095 back around 2004.He sold it to me for $350,said nobody would buy it because it was too heavy and nobody that came in the shop ever heard of Jonsered.He was a Stihl dealer with a few new Husqvarnas. I later sold that saw on the bay for $600. Wish I still had it. Along with many others.

I’m working on taking parts from a 346xpg and a 2145 and using them to make up a 2149 of my liking. I have noticed that the jonsered cylinder bolts are a type of coarse thread and vs husky the normal fine thread
Gotta be careful as they don’t interchange
I believe that’s an early vs later model thing, rather than brand

Latest posts

Back