Jred 2077/Poulan 475 Piston options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourfivefour

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I Acquired a scored Jonsered 2077. The cylinder will clean up, but I need a piston. Had I known one was not available aftermarket I would have left the saw in the scrap heap.

Is there a piston from another more common saw that will fit?
Does anyone have one laying around or know where I can find one?

I was watching the Poulan 475 on ebay which is now up $175.:dizzy: so I will have to pass on that for a parts saw. If I can't fix it cheap I'll sell it for parts............454

I've posted about this before. We had a Poulan Pro 475 come into the shop once, that was scored. The guy I worked with, a Stihl silver-level technician, cleaned up the cylinder and asked about putting an 046/460 piston in it. I said I thought it would work. He did it and the saw ran great. In fact, the owner of the saw said it ran better then than it did brand new.

One of our members, Romeo, recently built a 2083 for another member using an 066/660 piston but he turned it down and made a pop-up out of it. He said it made a good runner. But as is, to throw in a piston in your 2077/475, a Stihl MS-460 piston would be a no-brainer.

475 poulan

I rebuilt mine about a year ago and ordered a 475 poulan pro piston from my husvarna dealer. they were still avalible then. I have read somewhere that a 064 stihl piston could be reworked for it and that it would make a lot more power than the stock piston would. mabe some one who has done this will chime in and tell how its done.

How about for a Poulan 415 cylinder and piston.

There were a couple of threads under search about the 415/475 and their origins. I found a cylinder for my pp415, but it is $230!!!! Not willing to pay that much money for a saw that is not exactly a screamer in the first place.

Last edited:
I've posted about this before. We had a Poulan Pro 475 come into the shop once, that was scored. The guy I worked with, a Stihl silver-level technician, cleaned up the cylinder and asked about putting an 046/460 piston in it. I said I thought it would work. He did it and the saw ran great. In fact, the owner of the saw said it ran better then than it did brand new.

One of our members, Romeo, recently built a 2083 for another member using an 066/660 piston but he turned it down and made a pop-up out of it. He said it made a good runner. But as is, to throw in a piston in your 2077/475, a Stihl MS-460 piston would be a no-brainer.

Thanks, JJ......:clap:

I will get a piston ordered up and get this thing back together.
I'll report back with how this turns out..................454

There were a couple of threads under search about the 415/475 and their origins. I found a cylinder for my pp415, but it is $230!!!! Not willing to pay that much money for a saw that is not exactly a screamer in the first place.

I won't be dumping that much money in to this heap. If I can get away with $50. total then I'm game. It's not like I need another saw.:dizzy: .........454

Who ever won that Poulan Pro 475 on ebay must have really wanted it. It sold for $268.:dizzy:
Crazy I tell ya.:crazy1:

I got the piston ordered, I should have running by the end of the week if it all goes together properly...........454

i was just posting about a 2077 on the laser chain thread. funny stuff. senor plantbio.. also a neighbor... is going to think i'm stalking him on these threads but i had to chime in as my saw was mentioned... the 2083 with the domed 066 piston and some special mods... i just saw a couple 2077s kicking around online.. i might go for the locked up one and see what romeo wants to do otherwise some of the parts can sit and support the 2083. he's a great guy and super skilled. i didn't follow the link that plantbio posted but i was able to order a whole new top end for a 2083 and i think the 2077 from my local dealer if i had chosen too. the 2083 would have cost me a couple hundred bucks for all new piston and jug so i said frig it had a brain storm with the list members and went with the $30+ piston and skilled hand approach. results are much cooler. if you give up on the saw you have.. get the running one on ebay and i'll buy yours... i'd prefer to have it customized.

now if it was a partner 7700 then all this mod talk might be sacrilege.

Back