Just Another Old Crappy Poulan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's going back together today. Had to clear the bench for that big beast.

Wow! That thing ought to kick some ash!:numberone:
I just love the old Poulans. I ran a 4200 for 28 years. Replacing it is what infected me with CAD.
Are the original P&C that came on your saw usable? If so I would like to buy them if you don't have a use for them. I have a Timbermaster 3600 3.7 ci that I bought that was not quite as represented. Has very low compression. Some day I would like to get it going again.
If I remember right it has the chrome piston aluminum cylinder and very low compression. I didn't know that new chrome cylinder 3.7 top ends were available.

Does that 18 volt Milwaukee impact have enough power to remove clutches? I have one and it is pretty stout compared to my Makita and DeWalt.

View attachment 408131 View attachment 408132

It will take off most clutches. Not the 066s, and big saws though.

I like those curving quad open transfers, similar to what McCulloch was doing around that time.

It's interesting that the case has notches/cutouts for the entrance to dual open transfers, but the jug does not - the entrance is in the jug and the transfers are short.

I like those curving quad open transfers, similar to what McCulloch was doing around that time.

It's interesting that the case has notches/cutouts for the entrance to dual open transfers, but the jug does not - the entrance is in the jug and the transfers are short.

They used the same case for several different top ends.

Back