Just bought a Husqvarna 2100 CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However, I spent 45 minutes on the other side trying to remove the flywheel and it won't budge.

If you have a SEM flywheel you can make a puller from a flat plate with 3 holes and 3 jacking screws. I don't know if this works on a early FEMSA flywheel. Worked great for me on my 298XP with 3 dog starter on a SEM FW. Saves the crankshaft.

Try another carb if possible if replacement of the other seal doesn't fix the problem. I had seals that looked pliable but we're bad.

Ok thanks for the tip. I'm going to try and get the flywheel off again tonight and replace the other seal. If that doesn't do it I'll look to try a different carb.

Changed the oil pump O ring and seal on the clutch side of the saw last night. Oil pump was actually missing one of the three screws but I had a screw from another saw laying around that worked as
the third one. However, I spent 45 minutes on the other side trying to remove the flywheel and it won't budge. Tapped it with a hammer several times and nothing, so that seal still needs to be replaced.
I did start it up when after the one side was done and the saw was put back together. Same issue, it's close on the idle but saw dies before the chain will stop and just idle. Has a fresh carb kit, metering lever is flush, H is at 1 turn and L has been between 1 and 1 1/2.
If there is an air leak, wouldn't the saw accelerate or die when it's turned on it's side either way, because it doesn't it stay the same.

The idol will change when turned on its side if bad. Maybe the piston skirt is excessively worn.

The idle speed doesn't always change with saw 'tilt' when the seal is bad. Happens often...........but not always (and the absence of change with 'tilt' does not rule out a bad/leaking seal). Common misconception......

The idle speed doesn't always change with saw 'tilt' when the seal is bad. Happens often...........but not always (and the absence of change with 'tilt' does not rule out a bad/leaking seal). Common misconception......

Good to know, thank you! I'll get the other changed out tonight.

Got the flywheel off and the other seal changed last night. Didn't help any with the idle issue.
H at 1 turn and L at 1 3/4 turns is where it's closest to idling with the chain stopped but when the
chain gets close to stopping the saw dies. I may need to get another carb, I feel like that has to be
the issue now.

Sounds like you're going in the right direction. Remember how old these saws are as I've had more than one case seal Leak as well. It would be in your best interest to vacuum test and pressure test as well.

Sounds like you're going in the right direction. Remember how old these saws are as I've had more than one case seal Leak as well. It would be in your best interest to vacuum test and pressure test as well.

Thanks I'll have to have that done if I can't figure it out with the carb/fuel system. It wouldn't have anything to do with the new piston and rings and that I haven't
cut with it to seat the rings would it? That may be a dumb question but I wasn't sure.

Same issue, it's close on the idle but saw dies before the chain will stop and just idle. Has a fresh carb kit, metering lever is flush, H is at 1 turn and L has been between 1 and 1 1/2.
If there is an air leak, wouldn't the saw accelerate or die when it's turned on it's side either way, because it doesn't it stay the same.

Grab a can of WD40 and test it:

20150731_005611.jpgWell found the leak, kinda. Sprayed carb cleaner right at the intake and the saw died. So I made new gaskets for the intake touching the cylinder and touching the carb and sprayed it again and it died again. Intake isn't cracked so I'm not sure where the leak is.
Here is where I sprayed the carb cleaner.

View attachment 438667Well found the leak, kinda. Sprayed carb cleaner right at the intake and the saw died. So I made new gaskets for the intake touching the cylinder and touching the carb and sprayed it again and it died again. Intake isn't cracked so I'm not sure where the leak is.
Here is where I sprayed the carb cleaner.

Is this an example of where the tillitson carb kit gasket does not work correctly and the husky carb gasket is needed to seal the impulse port properly?

Back