Just bought a Jonsered 2255...how did I do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfpackfan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok, after deliberating over a couple of Huskys, and a few Stihls I wound up in a pawn shop looking at a well maintained Jonsered 2255 with an 18" bar. I know it is made by Husqvarna but I wanted to know peoples opinion. They had it marked for $299.99, but after chatting the guy up I walked away with it for $200 even. Is this a good price for a used Jonsered? What tips do you have for me to maintain her? I fired it up and cut some small trees with it and I know the first thing I have to do is get the chain sharpened or replaced. It is very dull. Is there any other suggestions that you may have? Thank you in advance for any advice you all can provide.

It's a clamshell saw. Same as a husky 455. They seem to last pretty good. Not a bad price if it's clean. New they are $400 at tractor supply and $450 for the 455 at lowes.
As far as the chain goes, get a granberg file-n-joint. Gets chain super sharp. If it's rocked get it sharpened at local hardware then touch it up with a file every tank or do of fuel.

Thanks Paragon Builder. I appreciate the advice and I will check out the file-n-joint. It seemed to have no problem with cutting some of the hardwoods on the lot. I plan on testing it a little more this week, but not before I sharpen the chain. I don't like to work harder than I have to :havingarest:. Thanks again for the reply.

Yep a sharp chain makes a mediocre saw cut good, A good saw cut great, And a great saw cut amazing!

Back