Just got a phonecall from my dad...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paragon Builder

AS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course this site has messed with my perception of normalcy. And my father called me on it a couple months ago. I'm sending out an ms460 to Mastermind and I told my dad I was excited to have him try it when I get it back. He said he had NO interest in a hopped up saw. His work just fine.
Note that my dad is 71 but uses chainsaws quite often. He burns about 12-15 cord a year.
A few weeks ago he said his little echo cs360 was having restart issues. So I took it home and while I had it I gutted the cat and trimmed the limiters and retuned it. I think he had fun out of gas cuz I found nothing wrong with it.
Anyways when I gave it to him I told hon to try it and he made one cut with it and said Wow, what did you do to the chain?
I said just a fresh edge on it, enjoy!
That was a couple weeks ago.
Today he calls me and says I just had to tell you that whatever you did to my saw really made it a joy to use. I've been cutting 12" maple all day with it and I feel like I'm cutting with my 261! This thing really rips! What the heck did you do to it?
Lol! Maybe he will try the 460 when I get it back after all!!!

People who don't like ported saws are people who've never run ported saws..

Sometimes you don't do it because you need more power, but because you can pack a lighter saw and get the same work done.. my 65's were slow torquey saws until I started messing with them.. they were seriously boring to run.. not anymore :):happybanana:

Latest posts

Back