Just tried the Pantin!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbull

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
...sure beats the body thrust method. I can still feel my arms and have plenty of energy to keep climbing with the kids. I ascended approx. 40' four times to set ropes for my kids. I still have plenty of energy left, unlike my days of body thrusting all day. For anyone debating getting one, I personally recommend it. :)

Finally - the truth about spurless climbing. The body thrust style is what I've always heard about but never done, it sure looked like a painfull way to get up a tree. Redbull has finally admitted what the i.s.a. climber I know wouldn't tell me. Funny, listen guys try the pantin (whatever the hell that is) and you wont be pantin as much as if you humped up the tree like usual, me, I wear spurs but I'm a hack.

I haven't tried a pantin either. So long as appropriate footwear is being used, the footlock works extremely well.

clearance said:
Finally - the truth about spurless climbing. The body thrust style is what I've always heard about but never done, it sure looked like a painfull way to get up a tree.

If it's that painfull, get someone to help you pull yourself. I don't see what the big deal is, our trees must be way smaller. I can always get my rope and my butt up a tree w/o all the dramatics. But hey, that's just me!

dancin.gif

MB-get someone to help you up the tree!!!!!! Hilarious, look I'm just joking here, could'nt pass it up. Pantin, pantin pantin panting I'm outa breath panting this spurlles stuff is killing me.

I don't mind walking up the tree if my line is close enough, but sometimes when I set my line with a throw ball, I'm not close enough to the tree to walk it. So...body thrusting in midair sucks! The Pantin makes this much easier and I had a lot more energy to focus on other things once I got in the canopy.

Someone inform me!

I have read about this "pantin" method but don't know what it is. Anyone wanna clue me in? I don't wear spurs unless doing a removal and usually do the body thrust/HUMP method. Works well (considering I am 6'3" and weigh 150 pounds) but any easier way would help too! :)

-Matt

Beast12 said:
I have read about this "pantin" method but don't know what it is. Anyone wanna clue me in? I don't wear spurs unless doing a removal and usually do the body thrust/HUMP method. Works well (considering I am 6'3" and weigh 150 pounds) but any easier way would help too! :)

-Matt

Go here: http://www.wtsherrill.com/

And search on "pantin", I think that pretty well explains it.

Trignog said:
Dude, is there a food shortage up there?

No, I get it from my mom. She is skinny and tall. My dad is wide and short.

The height and LIGHTWEIGHT is GREAT for climbing trees! Too bad I didn't get just a bit more courage! :)

-Matt

Redbull-I just ordered a pantin last night. Can't wait to use my new toy. I have heard so much about it and finally gave up and bought it. so be it. Your reaction to it gives me hope end excitement.

I personally think it was a good investment. I've actually used it more rec climbing with my kids than for work. It's nice to have some energy left after setting all of the kids ropes. I don't have a Friction Saver so I set my line high in the tree we're climbing, then I use my Pantin and ascend to a limb a little lower than mine and use a loop runner with a carabiner to set the kids line in. They're to small to pull themselves up, so I go along side them and pull on the running end of their rope and advance their hitch. Running their rope through a carabiner reduces friction and makes it easier for me to pull them up. This system makes for a lot of up and down the tree, making the Pantin a nice tool to have.

Clearance, please note that this particular forum is for Recreation climbing. Also, observe rule 20...

"...If you have never owned or used (at great length) a product offered by one of the sponsors, you are not permitted to comment on the value, validity, or effectiveness of these products or services."

love
nick

Latest posts

Back