Kindling Axe/Hatchet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure why there is a need for making kindling if you are burning 24/7. Even when it's too warm to have a continuous fire I create enough kindling from all the scraps while splitting that I've never needed to purposely make kindling.

I'm not sure why there is a need for making kindling if you are burning 24/7. Even when it's too warm to have a continuous fire I create enough kindling from all the scraps while splitting that I've never needed to purposely make kindling.

what he said... plus w/ seasoned wood you shouldn't needed anything but a couple of sheets of the local news paper/junk mail.

Polaris trading (two hawks) makes several high quality, handmade in the USA, axes/hatchets that will do the job. Good quality tools that you don’t need to be afraid to use.

http://www.2hawks.net/
Jeez...at the price of some of those on that website, I'd just go buy me a new 'kindling' making chainsaw. Lol

You said no fiskars ,but my little x-7 works good for it ,Husqvarna is a little better on the wallet than a gransfors ,but you get what you pay for in a tool also .

Theres one of those in my house too, I don't do kindling anymore

My cousin just put one in his house and he doesn't do kindling anymore either. Every time I ask about his new stove he just repeats things like: "I can't believe....", "It's hard to believe....", etc.

He used to get up in the middle of the night to go pee...and add wood to his stove. Now he just goes pee:).

The Estwing is the kindling hatchet of hatchets. It's tough. It's durable. It's attractive. Comes with a great leather sheath. Above all, you'll not be afraid of abusing it. On the other hand , U can get a high dollar unit, and never take it out of its sheath except to oil it , and admire its beauty.
View attachment 463709 View attachment 463710
I've got the same classic Estwing leather handled hatchet and love it. Great, well made American tool and a beautiful designed and very well made hatchet.
I can't see any other hatchet looking or working any better. It's made from the very best materials and quality craftsmanship in the USA.
I actually use my small buddy axe more for medium sized kindling then the other hatchets though, It's heavier and makes splitting small stuff easy.
It's a forty year old buddy style small axe that has been active for all of its life and never failed.

I've got the same classic Estwing leather handled hatchet and love it. Great, well made American tool and a beautiful designed and very well made hatchet.
I can't see any other hatchet looking or working any better. It's made from the very best materials and quality craftsmanship in the USA.
I actually use my small buddy axe more for medium sized kindling then the other hatchets though, It's heavier and makes splitting small stuff easy.
It's a forty year old buddy style small axe that has been active for all of its life and never failed.
The Estwing in the Pic is at least 40 yrs old. The leather sheath deteriorated, and I bought a new one about 2 yrs ago.

Back