KM90R Problem ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesternSaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi Fellas
I would like to know if I have problem with my KM 90 R kombi unit. I was using the Stihl circular blade on it to cut down some saplings a couple of times I accidently got the blade stuck in some bigger trees the blade quit moving but the powerhead was still running. It seems now that when running the blade there is, for lack of better wording, a bit of chatter at low RPM's when the blade starts to move, not sure if it did this prior or not. Any ideas ?
Thanks !
WesternSaw

Hi Fellas
I would like to know if I have problem with my KM 90 R kombi unit. I was using the Stihl circular blade on it to cut down some saplings a couple of times I accidently got the blade stuck in some bigger trees the blade quit moving but the powerhead was still running. It seems now that when running the blade there is, for lack of better wording, a bit of chatter at low RPM's when the blade starts to move, not sure if it did this prior or not. Any ideas ?
Thanks !
WesternSaw
Bent drive shaft? Look for a lot of heat on the shaft in one area when running.

Thanks Lone Wolf Hmm..... Let's say the solid shaft is bent in the trimmer attachment is it easy to disassemble and replace ? How skilled does a guy have to be ? What would the cost of the shaft be ?
Thanks
WesternSaw

Thanks Lone Wolf Hmm..... Let's say the solid shaft is bent in the trimmer attachment is it easy to disassemble and replace ? How skilled does a guy have to be ? What would the cost of the shaft be ?
Thanks
WesternSaw
Tricky the first time but jut keep everything in order. We dont know what it is yet look at all of it.

No disrespect taken NewSawyer ! Maybe I need a repair manual for the trimmer attachment so that I know how to take it apart and....... put it back together . I think someone once told me that those shafts had a lifetime warranty ?

Okay fellas ! Was in at the Stihl dealer to pick something up and had the machine with me, the mechanic tried my KM90R out with the circular blade on it, he said he did not think there was a problem with the shaft or the clutch .
Thanks for your replies !
WesternSaw

Back