land clearing with husqvarna 365sp & 440xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logger 12345

husqvarna pilot
Reaction score
7th jan 2012- saturday (6degrees-dry)

some work today,me and my missus with our son who stayed in the jeep playing his computer, with the 365special cutting some seasoned spruce (aprox year old from time of been felled)

the trees them selves are from around our own land,they were storm damaged and gone dangerous,so we cut them and bought them here to cut up,this here is family property where i do all my cutting,and at the moment is a little water logged in places,this work today is mainly for some firewood for my own use. i am using 24" oregon bar and chain,husqvarna 2stroke oil. the weather today was dry & 6degrees in the jeep.
some of these spruce trees were 15" +in diamater.

we believe in our family -hard work and are not afraid of it,to be honest me and the wife agree it keeps us healthy and fit,no fancy machinery here for cuting firewood,we use an axe & when busy with firewood we also use a petrol hydrolic log splitter for our splitting and can manage to sell 100tonnes + in the winter time with ease,here today i lifted most of the trees on stand myself and will use the axe to split them :wink2:
when i work in forest then of course we use plenty of machinery cause then you need it obviously.

if this thread goes down ok here i will update it as i work throughout the year with pics of felling and some work i carry out during the year.

so here in this thread you will see pics of todays work and a video of the saw in action doing a number of cuts
the video is quite long and you get a good idea of how the saw is running,of course it's a bog standard husqvarna 365special
with 24" b/c

all the best from ireland
dan

first up some pictures:

husqvarna 365special (7months old)

atworkwithmy365sp001.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp002.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp003.jpg

me with the saw getting ready to cut

atworkwithmy365sp004.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp010.jpg

my 4x4 nissan patrol and tralier

atworkwithmy365sp006.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/nicky123bucket/atworkwithmy365sp013.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/nicky123bucket/atworkwithmy365sp009.jpg

after some cutting:

more pictures coming........

Last edited by a moderator:
sawtrool.i don't use aspen fuel but i hear it's good....

ok here is a comprensive video of the mornings work with more pictures

cutting firewood with H-365special - Video Dailymotion

more pictures as promised...
continued from above.

work after one tank of fuel,pretty impressive how much i was able to cut before refueling it...

atworkwithmy365sp026.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp027.jpg

time to refuel

atworkwithmy365sp022.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp023.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp024-1.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp025.jpg

some more work
atworkwithmy365sp028.jpg

Last edited:
and time to finish up this mornings work with the 365special :msp_smile:

finished load after one hours work this morning :))

atworkwithmy365sp031-1.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp033.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp034-1.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp035.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp008-1.jpg

atworkwithmy365sp007-1.jpg

Last edited:
so we finished up this moring with 3cubic meters of firewood in one hour,not a bad mornings work!!
:msp_biggrin:

those saws are impressive for the size,agreed with the economy too,they are great!
good power to weight ratio,nice pics and thread,keep em coming!!! :msp_biggrin:

Thats a nice pile of wood there Dan, but you've cutting some of the shortest firewood I've ever seen. You could split that with a hatchet! How do you like that 365, what other saws have you
owned/used?

thanks tom

hello tom,

yeah hah i knew somebody would comment on how short my firewood was,it seems to have become a habbit with me
to cut my wood this way,90percent of my customers like the wood short,as for myself i need it short because i burn in a
small stove so it's ideal this way.

tom,i have 3 saws at the moment,an old 93 husky 61,sthil AV045 which i am rebuilding,see my other threads here,i am waiting on a cylinder kit for the 61 should be with me monday.

i love this saw tom,it's the only saw i have cut this much firewood with that has given me zero grief,over 100+ tonnes
of firewood cut and nothing replaced is deserves credit for a saw in my books,all i have changed is a chain and i still have the old one only it's gone small. i use it for trees that have fallen on the ground.

only downside tom i find with this saw is it gets heavy and is not good for small poles as it gets too heavy.
i plan on buying a small saw soon for small wood.this saw is ideal for the bigger trees.

Sir I enjoyed the video. You should have taken a fishing rod and reel.Do you always park in the middle of a pond?Just pullin your leg.Did your saw come with a Oregon bar or was this a replacement?I might add that from the sound of your saw it is running rich on the low side. Now the reel question, can you send me a case of that great beer?Take care and enjoy the saw, Ken in Texas USA

thanks for the input guys,so i am going to answer some of the questions:

almondgt:

YES,unfortunatly my boat was not working yesterday,if it was i would have been in it with the auld chainsaw to hand :D
....lol don't even own a boat,the place gets very water logged here and to make it worse we are up on a hill --lol

kenskip 1

thanks for the kind words,a crate of that beer is on it's way,but the cans are empty now :msp_sad: lol
but we can shout you a pont if you are even in this neck of the woods :)

wyk

no my friend this is county limerick,the veichle just had the reg when i bought it

syczek

yeah the nissan is strong,allthough some people can be unlucky i think they sorted some issues with them
from 02 onwards. cheers!

tommysaw,

thanks for that information,can this saw be tuned manualy? cause i always thought it couldn't
the needles seem to be hidden on this model,and i thought i remembered the guy at husqvarna shop saying it was adjusted
from the factory and never needed to be touched,i forund it odd but from the side there isn't even a place to put a screwdriver,it
seems to be running good enough though for me.

thanks for all the feedback guys.

Some updates here....many acres of land to clear!!

ok so i made a deal with a local farmer,he is actually a good friend of mine and over the last few years i have had many dealings with him,he owns possibly a few thousand acres of land near me, so he wanted his land cleared,the best part is i have got all the wood and i will be selling it and using it for myself,he uses the land for horses so the trees are sort of a pain for him,they are draning all the land and for this reason he can't get grazing for the animals to grow,despite turing down numerous offers from others in buisness to take and pay him for the trees it turned out he just told me to clear the place and take the trees for free,to be honest i think i have enough trees here for the rest of my time :smile2: he feels i am doing him a favour also by just cleaning the land.
the land is very hilly as you will see in the pictures,but it has good access to it with a road in on top and at the bottom also a big road way in,the trees i was working on today were ASH and willow,at the bottom of this huge mountain it is mainly all ASH,and they are very large trees,in fact huge,i will be doing them later in the year in summer when ground dries up,i suspect anything ranging from 50years to 70 years old those ash trees must be,they are all healthy trees and the woodland at the bottom gets quite dence,there really must be anything up to 500acres here,it is big and very spread out,on the otherside of the road is another mountain and he wants all the trees gone there too. so i have lots of work to do!

it's a good thing wood here is in high demand as oil prices have soared,so right now what is here i could sell overnight if i wanted to.

anyway,i made a start today on top of the mountain,i didn't drive in today with the 4x4,i will tomorrow cause it will save me a lot of walking,i had no fancy machinery here today,i will just use my saw and plenty of manual labour to fill the traliers :smile2:

to be honest i am now sorry i sold my smaller oleomac 932 small chainsaw because it would have been ideal here for some of the smaller trees and branches,the husqvarna 365 performed again perfect today but as i say a little big for some of these smaller trees and branches i was cutting.

some pics:

getting started today,see the land here on top is quite messy at the moment.
but waiting for dry weather in ireland is like winning the lottery!!

365spatwork002.jpg

365spatwork021.jpg

365spatwork018.jpg

365spatwork017.jpg

365spatwork013.jpg

365spatwork009.jpg

Back