• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Large cc Husqvarna wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93Dakman!

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had a friend give me a trade opportunity. He has a 1981 kz1000 ltd (has all of the the desirable features, crossover Kerner pipes, Lester mags, etc..). It is right up my alley. It was in the tornado that came through illinois a few weeks ago, so it needs restored completely though; paint, all rubber parts need replaced, seat is torn, one side cover is missing. He wants 500 dollars or, in his own words "a saw that will beat yours". I have a 395xpBB that is ported with a muffler mod.

I am looking for a 385, 390, 394 or 395 that needs work, needs parts, etc.

I am looking to pay 250, possibly up to 300, depending on what the saw needs.

What do you guys have.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well...I don't know what to say.

I enjoy working and building saws. I would say a 395 that needs a crank and cylinder isn't worth a penny over 250.

There's a 272 on here for 300. And a 394 for 525 I think. Deals can be found but not for that cheap. Unless you want a complete basket case.
I bought a 288xp in really good shape for $425 last week. But I was looking for about a month every few hours in the trading post like a nut lol.
Good luck with your search, you'll get a lot of offers on here from a lot of good members, but with good saws Aren't cheap.

No, the path of destruction was apx 1000 feet from my house. It sucked the kids trampoline across the yard over the top of my truck, then later when the straight line winds came, it pushed the trampoline right back over the the truck and hung it in a telephone pole. That was my only damage.

Which part of So. Illinois are you from?

Also, by the way, I have found a large cc saw. A 2094 that needs some rehab.

During the hectic cleanup and relief efforts for the few days after the tornado wreaked havoc in our small area, I didn't get a chance to see the news to see how widespread those storms were that night. We were also without power for a few days. I thought the extender of storm damage was kept mainly in the southwest and south east of illinois, stretching a few miles into indiana.

It's a bummer to hear that you lost a house that night.

I was not trying to down play it at all. My next door neighbor lost her entire house. She is a 92 year old widow. I understand the loss, destruction and heartache that a family feels when your house and possesions the are gone forever. My parents house was lost in a fire while I was in high school. Our gas hot water heater turned into a flame thrower and burnt everything from the basement to the shingles.

Life is a B.

Back