Late night carb help needed - Walbro SDC rebuild???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping there are some other latenight saw nuts looking for a problem to solve. I'm rebuilding the Walbro SDC-53 carb off my Pioneer P60. I've got it all torn down and cleaned, with the exception of the Welsch plugs and trinkets under them.

I started to reassemble, had to dig through some links to find the order of assembly on the fuel pump side, but have that covered now - thanks for the link to the Walbro service manuals in an old thread by Gary. The question I have is I have two gaskets for that side, one .060" thick, the other .030" thick. Which one is correct and why?

Thanks in advance, time to catch up on my reading and hope for an answer before I get tired and go to bed :D

Did the old gasket happen to make it through being removed? How thick is the old one? In case you already have, don't ever throw your old parts out until the carb is completely back together. Just in case of a situation like this.

The old pieces were a bit different - possibly original '78 vintage. New consists of rubber diaphragm, fiber piece, and gasket (s), the old one seems to be a combo 1 piece unit, or it became one over the years. If I had to guess off this I'd use the thinner one though.

BTW, I can get pics if needed. Anything like this, I take pics while tearing down, because it might not go back together the same day (week, month) and the old brain just can't be trusted sometimes...

Specifically #22, plain old gasket. Got 24 and 25 figured out, just have 2 different thickness gaskets in the kit I got.

If it don't run today, it ain't gonna run till December, deer season opens tomorrow here!

You mentioned something about a fiber like gasket??. If that is the one I am thinking of with flappers it goes on the pump side and is more resistant to fuel additives than the rubber one it replaces. Doesn't pump as quick or well as the rubber ones.
On the other side (atmospheric vent side) I would use the thinner one first and see how it runs. Gasket=> diaphragm=>plate,,,reverse on the pump side.

I had the same SDC kit for my Echo 1001 and it had the 2 cover gaskets. I picked the thicker one...Bob

WGP, I can't bag and drag, ya ain't got nothing up there thats 100ccs to replace it!

Thanks the rest of ya, if I get all my hunting stuff laid out before I'm ready for the sack, I'll get it put together tonight.

Back