lay of the land

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darin - you put that there just to get me going:angry: ?

Actually, I'm surprised at the rhetoric that the SLDF uses at the beginning of the article. They are still relying on the media hysteria techniques of the early 90's. Dated techniques using misinformation.

Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) certification is alive and growing worldwide. These certifications, particularly FSC, are independent, 3rd party orgainizations that deserve support. They have standards of not just forest management, but of essentially responsible corporate citizenship that they apply to a particular forest to 'test' if it is managed in a sustainable way.

It is the FSC logo that you see (or will soon see) at Home Depot and other large retailers. I work almost daily with the principles that FSC stands for. I think their website is fscoax.org.

The WWF is also progressively working with forestry companies. These environmental organizations get my respect for being open minded and looking at the bigger picture in terms of demand and regulation. The Sierra club, while using the above rhetoric, will have to scratch pretty hard to get my attention, let alone respect.

You bet I put it there to get you going. I enjoy it.:D Many organinizations use misinformation to sell there ideas. Its bad that society believes so much of what they hear and dont do any of their own investigations.

Latest posts

Back