Leaf Blower carb adjustment?(weed eater1500)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know this has nothing to do chainsaws, but it is two stroke related.
I'm working on a weedeater(poulan) model 1500 leaf blower and my question is how do I adjust the idle mixture screw on the carb, the carb is a walbro wt-501 , fixed high speed jet and no throttle speed screw, the throttle has a red lever that moves up and down to control the speed- off, low and high are the speeds to choose from.There is a blue lever that controls the choke. Do you have to apply the choke in order to adjust the idle mixture? Anyone have any poulan service manuals for there leaf blowers?

I'm sure I read somwhere that on these models you have to apply the choke at half to make adjustment to idle mixture , any one know?

Last edited:
Poulan/weedeater part lists

I don't know if this will help or not.
Poulan has a link on their website where you can view part lists.
You have to select parts and enter model #. Walbro has a lot
of of info on their site, also.

I fixed a Weedeater hedge trimmer recently using info
from factory website to get a clue.
I put on new fuel lines & done a quicky carb clean by removing idle
jet screw & spraying carb cleaner into the carb(while it was off).
The carb must have been semi-stopped up, you had to run it on half
choke to get it to run.

Yeah I have been on there site and had a look at there manuals for this model which is a FL1500LE leaf blower the last time I had looked (about a month ago) I could have sworn the manual explained how to adjust the carb for idle now all it says is take it to a poulan service depot, I know how to adjust carbs but this one has no idle speed screw to adjust idle rpm, so I'm assuming set the lever at low speed and adjust from there( with limit cap off of screw) but I 'm sure the older manuals they had on there site mentioned putting the choke lever at half and then adjust the idle, and of course there are no older manuals on the site now.:mad:

manual says 1 turn open from lightly seated position. after you have let it warm up, then you can make final adjustment. make sure you dont adjust till it is at operating temp

you want to set at when it revs the highest and doesnt hesitate when you are press the throttle

I just rebuilt the carb on one of those today. I had to turn the adjustment screw about 2 turns on mine to allow it to rev right. The choke lever is the speed lever and has three positions, high, medium and choke/shutoff. There is no trigger on mine, just the red lever on the carb..Actually, this is my wife's leaf blower, mine is a Stihl BG85..

Latest posts

Back