Learning About Husqvarna 562xp's .. The Saga begins. (MUCH more to come BTW)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to have hay on the ground ourselves. This drawn out spring took forever to get the crops out, still side dressing corn down here. Now we are trying to get our combine ready to run 50 ac of wheat then I can plant the last field of beans and put the planter in the barn.

Got the last field planted today, ran the wheat yesterday. It's full bore straw season down here now, a neighbor probably already has 20000 square bales in his barns and has a lot more to go. We don't do straw thankfully.

I've been looking for some pictures/video of anyone who has been opening up their 562 muffler, (I previously had a seniors moment here and wrote carb but meant muffler). Anyone seen pics of the easiest/best muffler gutting routine? I see several different written approaches but visual learning works best for me. Some guys are gutting it with some kind of a grinder or dremmel through the existing ports, others are drilling holes and welding on new exhaust port, still others are cutting and gutting then welding her shut again.

Hi. Did you ever got some reply to this? I understand that this is a know-how issue for the tweakers. But, outside of the tuning community, there must be a common knowledge by now.
I keep looking for the same. What's the best way of MM?

Thanks Karel ... best way to do an MM depended on skills to some extent. Not being a welder I can't make a fancy new exit port like some have so cleverly done.

So I compromised by simply widening/drilling out the areas you can get to easily. Nothing fancy, I just doubled the width of the entrance and the exit ports to make it breathe a little easier. Side benefit is sweeter exhaust tone.

Latest posts

Back