lets c your wood hauler pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bf594b24a87ce2f6302b7e7de5050971.jpg
861d947203fed5c2b4cf733bc0b2af6c.jpg
I think I got enough on the ol half toner. Dad and I cut this and another pickup load about 3/4 of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike, it may be time to consider an upgrade to a little heavier duty truck.:surprised3:

Ok, that one gets my vote for the most innovative and useful re-purposing of a vehicle normally turned into a "camper" by hillbillies.
I want it. :baba:

I knew a Georgia man would know that... ;)

There's a couple of other advantages to doing that, but they escape my memory at the moment, but I think taxes in most states are lower, too.

I've considered a bus for a flatbed beaver tail. You could load from the sides, then drive the tractor on the back.

bf594b24a87ce2f6302b7e7de5050971.jpg
861d947203fed5c2b4cf733bc0b2af6c.jpg
I think I got enough on the ol half toner. Dad and I cut this and another pickup load about 3/4 of this

I just don't know if a newer 1/2 ton could take that abuse. Or recover if it did. We have 2 trucks at work. A donated 2010 reg cab 6' bed tundra 5.7 and a 2001 f350 4x4 dump. The tundra is a rocket, but boy does it squat down under any weight. I had a 1400lb slab of granite I had to take to be cut. Thought I'll use the smaller truck. I was lowering it into the truck, weight still on the forks and it was sitting on the bump stops. Wasn't gonna risk braking a spring so I put it in the dump. Now I realize a world of difference between a tundra and 1 ton cab and chasis but I was disappointed just the same

I will agree with you there, no way I would of loaded a new body style Chevy like that. I used a 2009 at work for service calls and just with my top chest toolbox it drops 3-4 inches. My bil has a 95 short bed and he loads it about 1/2 what I got on this 83 and it's dragging

Nice Chevy. Give us the specs

It's a 1978 298 straight six 4 speed 3/4 ton 4x4 with a extra leaf. I'm only the 2nd owner. My wifes grandpa bought it new in 1978 off his "new son in law" the sad thing is it's rotted out realy bad, it's a off road only truck now. I was looking at the pictures and they make it look good. I drive it with my heal on the fram rail to hit the gas peddle.

It's a 1978 298 straight six 4 speed 3/4 ton 4x4 with a extra leaf. I'm only the 2nd owner. My wifes grandpa bought it new in 1978 off his "new son in law" the sad thing is it's rotted out realy bad, it's a off road only truck now. I was looking at the pictures and they make it look good. I drive it with my heal on the fram rail to hit the gas peddle.
My gmc was bad on the drivers side floor. Rock auto had a new floor for $25. We plasma cut the old out. Took the fuel tank down for safety. While it was down I under coated the $#!+ out of everything above the tank.
The sm465 manual is one of the best trannies ever. Cast iron case, granny low and super low reverse. These transmissions are rated for over 20k gvw.
I don't have an after picimage.jpgimage.jpg

My gmc was bad on the drivers side floor. Rock auto had a new floor for $25. We plasma cut the old out. Took the fuel tank down for safety. While it was down I under coated the $#!+ out of everything above the tank.
The sm465 manual is one of the best trannies ever. Cast iron case, granny low and super low reverse. These transmissions are rated for over 20k gvw.

I would love to work restore it some day. It's not overly blessed with Hp. It's a tank of a truck and runs like a clock.

Back