lets c your wood hauler pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my new wood hauler - 1991 w250 4x4 with 360 v8 and granny 4 speed. I need to look into getting some air bags or some over load springs to help keep the truck a little more level and more stable on the road when loaded.

Here is the truck I used to have
I have a spring rebuilder locally who has done aal's on a few of my trucks. I just had then put all new leaf packs on my stake body. Takes over a cord before the springs start to move, but it rides hard with no load.

I have a spring rebuilder locally who has done aal's on a few of my trucks. I just had then put all new leaf packs on my stake body. Takes over a cord before the springs start to move, but it rides hard with no load.
I'm thinking about getting a firestone ride rite kit or air lift loadlifter kit. I don't really know what to do just yet though

I'm thinking about getting a firestone ride rite kit or air lift loadlifter kit. I don't really know what to do just yet though

Cheapest, easiest way to go is air shocks. Put a set on my 2500 for $80 ordered from Summit. Adjustable from 20-120 psi. I keep about 75 in mine. They were Monroe brand. Functional and nice for the money compared to other options.

Yeah I had originally thought about the air shock idea, but shock mounts are not really intended to bear a lot of weight whereas an air spring/air bag system is designed specifically to bear weight to level the load.

I have AirLift bags in my Dodges coils. 1000 pound weight relief. Love'em.

Here's mine. I try not to run it too much on the salty wet streets this time of year. The frame is in great shape and I've done my part to keep it that way. The springs were the only option I had as the original packs had a couple snapped. It wasn't cheap, near $900 for the 10 leaf pack plus new shackles and u bolts bushings ect. The over load springs above the main packs were okay. image.jpg

e6d434fe235c130af46a8cf0d4af4d82.jpg
a5481e5e6d7bcf24affba892137ac8c5.jpg

20160219_181515.jpg Needs new floor and sides and paint... this summer if I have time. (What I said last summer too). Has 8k Timbrems, it handles 2 cords fine.

Also have an F450 and International 10 wheeler.

Latest posts

Back