lets c your wood hauler pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, right! They'd rather go into the woods in their little princess dresses than to change clothes. LOL
Here's my helper. Thought I had a shot of her behind the wheel of the stake body but can't. She's got a little brother and another sister on the way come July. I'll have tons of help!image.jpg

6c2d05383698664aee2431b777cb08c4.jpg

Here's mine. Has a heavy load of spring cleanup debris. 2x 30' arbor vides, 10+ barrels of leaves, bushes, a Christmas tree, and general mix of crud. Packed in and still more room. The body is 8'x9'x4' and it comes in handy. I still don't think I've budged the springs. This pack is new
image.jpg image.jpg

Whoop! That's a buggy. I'd have to take out a 20 yr mortgage to get one though, hahaha!

Aint nothing cheap though. I paid 29,190 for a 2012 1500 and got 23k for it on trade and still almost got 10k off the new one. It was ordered so i wasnt able to get more off like some. I owned that 2012 for almost 3 and a half years, so it cost me less than 2k a year and I didnt even have to put tires on it but it really did need them. They have my old truck listed for 30,500 and didnt even change the tires. Yes, 1,300 more than I paid for it new. If you play your cards right buying new doesnt cost anymore than used sometimes. I needed to upgrade from my quad cab as I will need room for a second car seat come August.

What's the gvw on that truck? 11k?

GVWR is 12,300. FGAWR is 6,000 and RGAWR is 7,000. Payload is 4,039. Its a huge improvement from my 1500 which had a gvwr of 6700 and a payload of 1150. It rode so nice with that load I just wish it was an inch taller to begin with and it would sit a little better when loaded. Im looking into a larger block. You cant tell from the picture but the bottom spring wasnt even touching the overload.

Thats a cowboy Cadilac there. Way too nice fir a ash hauler!

While I take care of it they need to work to pay for themselves. It will only be used for personal firewood. However I bought it to pull our current travel trailer and possibly a new fifth wheel. I went in with my wife for a base model, I wanted vinyl but she kept liked more options and thats what we ordered. Its a lot nicer than I originally wanted but it only gets used on weekends as I have a company vehicle

Well, here's my "wood hauler" for soft or wet ground!

standard.jpg

It will float over some fairly soft ground and the "walking beam" on the trailer with huge tires, works pretty good in soft ground too. I'm leaving the "hydraulic" back gate, but I'll torch off everything behind it,

standard.jpg

It has a HUGE box on it and it self unloads! So, it will be GREAT for firewood, hauling one he!! of a load!

standard.jpg

SR

Logger nate are you guys hand loading those big rounds that high?< If so all I can think of is roy d mercer saying "how big a boy are ya"
Lol, ya I have to admit I was pretty tired after that. They were on uphill side of road so we backed the pickup up to the bank and didn't really lift the big ones much just kinda rolled them. My son is 6' 3" and pretty stout so that helps;)

Truck is stacked even with bed. Trailer was loaded with backhoe. You just can't so no when someone asks if you want free wood and tell you to use their trailer and they load with a backhoe. Unfortunately it was a 45 mile one way trip but I still think it was worth it. Got two loads with trailer and will pick up another load with just the truck tmrw.

Left a bunch of pieces like this. They're just to big and knotty to do without a splitter

Latest posts

Back