lets c your wood hauler pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish you would quit posting pics of that dump trailer!!!

I am still looking for one, but want a 16' bed, and they usually only come in a triple axle, then not sure if want bumper hitch or a 5th wheel. What it the height of the box from the ground at ride height roughly? I need the 8' wide, and most around are only 7'.

I wish you would quit posting pics of that dump trailer!!!

I am still looking for one, but want a 16' bed, and they usually only come in a triple axle, then not sure if want bumper hitch or a 5th wheel. What it the height of the box from the ground at ride height roughly? I need the 8' wide, and most around are only 7'.
I'd guess its 32" high?? just a guess... ya I sometimes wish I had a longer trailer. but then I'm sure I'd just overload it. lol. on the width mine is about 7 ft wide. I wanted one with a deck over. just so I wasn't bumping the axle with the skid loader tires when loading. I searched CL everyday for years before I found that trailer.

Pioneerguy600's Tundra and my Urban transport .

IMG_20150425_131604.jpg

IMG_20150419_154327.jpg

IMG_20150425_112553.jpg

Good thing I've got bumpstops LOL

IMG_20150425_112648.jpg

IMG_20150418_154413.jpg

My wood hauler, mobile work bench, commuter, and all-around do everything. 2012 Ram 1500 quad cab, 5.7 Hemi. Ive added the tonneau cover, flaps, steps, weather tech floor mats, S&B cold air intake, and line-x. shoes are 275/60/20 BFG All-Terrain KO2. awesome tires.

The old pellet hauler:

1998 Ram 1500. 8" lift, 38" swampers, locker in the rear 360 with bunch of bolt-ons, Warn 15K winch on the front in a Road armor bumper, 4.56 gears, etc etc. Great truck.

Atm I usemy massey 158 orchard model to haul wood out of the forest. But quite some time it's to wide , so I'm thinking about a quad , a honda foreman or grizzly 350. Something decent , not to expensive 2 hand. Most I find are 2 wheel drives, where I live it's flat so.... Any tips for an atv ?

Massey 158 too wide? My brother uses one with a Farmi winch and keeps saying a bit bigger tractor would be nice.

The skidders we run (John Deere 648s) are about 10ft wide and I've never felt it was too wide aside from when moving them on the low boy since it requires a permit and pilot car. I guess a skidder is quite a bit more manuverable than a tractor though.
Before the skidders, Deere 550 dozers (with forestry package with includes a winch and log arch) were used.
The skidders are moocho better!

Massey 158 too wide? My brother uses one with a Farmi winch and keeps saying a bit bigger tractor would be nice.

The skidders we run (John Deere 648s) are about 10ft wide and I've never felt it was too wide aside from when moving them on the low boy since it requires a permit and pilot car. I guess a skidder is quite a bit more manuverable than a tractor though.
Before the skidders, Deere 550 dozers (with forestry package with includes a winch and log arch) were used.
The skidders are moocho better!

Front winch or on the 3 point sys ,?

My neighbour says to get some sort of decent manual winch for on the front of the Massey. That I could try ( cheap investment compared to atv) . Any ideas....

My ATV hauler, Big Bear 350 4x4 27in swamp lites without the high low trany, still pulls a full load of wet logs well on solid to slightly mushy ground. The best advice is to find or make a set of tire chains cause there is no substitute.

0215151411a.jpg

Atm I usemy massey 158 orchard model to haul wood out of the forest. But quite some time it's to wide , so I'm thinking about a quad , a honda foreman or grizzly 350. Something decent , not to expensive 2 hand. Most I find are 2 wheel drives, where I live it's flat so.... Any tips for an atv ?

I built a trailer to haul behind an old 300 suzuki king quad .

IMG_20141012_132130.jpg

With the moveable axle it lets me load to keep the weight off the atv and will turn in a very short radius when brought forward .
The super low rage gearing of the quad is great , steep hills are not much of an issue .

Looking at some options , one of them a front loader for my massey. Other a real wood trailer with winch for the massey or a atv with trailer. Ideal would be all ;)

Back