lets c your wood hauler pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish you would quit posting pics of that dump trailer!!!

I am still looking for one, but want a 16' bed, and they usually only come in a triple axle, then not sure if want bumper hitch or a 5th wheel. What it the height of the box from the ground at ride height roughly? I need the 8' wide, and most around are only 7'.

If you go 16' I recommend a gooseneck. This one is 12' and with a couple cord of green maple she's a handful for a single axle one ton truck. Same thing with 4 - 5 ton of gravel or fertilizer. I'm going to get load leveling stabilizers for it.

IMG_20150502_194944.jpg

You don't worry about busting out the windows with the wood pushing on the sides?

Not long ago we had a guy load about 350 8, 10 and 12ft long 1x4, 1x6, 1x8s and some 2x4s and 2x6s into a Bronco. He was pulling out of the log yard as I was pulling in and the front tires were just to say touching the ground. :surprised3:

Double whoop!!!! Got my army trailer for the 3/4 ton bogger mkII today! Both my chebbies are covered now for haulers. Shoutout to @morewood and son, thanks guys! They delivered it today and we had a great time cruising around in the mule looking at the farm and talking about all sorts of stuff. If any of you guys want a mambo serious well built scrounger trailer, get you one of these, man are they built good. I had never looked at one close up, just wayyyy better then those tractor supply style trailers, no comparison. Lightweight, strong, great ground clearance and obviously built to get through the brush and woods and tote the load. He has some more for sale posted up in the general equipment trading post forum

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/military-trailers-m105a3-and-m1102.277876/

Anywho, here's a few pics of it, can't wait to tote some wood! Heck, a few add ons, make a nice off road camping trailer thing as well, plenty of room inside to stretch out. Got the bows and stabilizers with it, I'll make a top, probably from my billboard tarp scrap pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_20150502_194858.jpg
    IMG_20150502_194858.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20150502_194948.jpg
    IMG_20150502_194948.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20150502_195105.jpg
    IMG_20150502_195105.jpg
    746.3 KB · Views: 211
Zogger, nice trailer, Does look heavy duty and well built. How long and how wide is it?

Stubby, not real long, but wide, hummvee wide

Here is a copy/paste from olive-drab.com

Light Tactical Trailer (LTT) M1101 & M1102 Characteristics
Maximum Vehicle Weight M1101: 3400 lb (1542 kg)
M1102: 4200 lb (1905 kg)
Curb Weight 1460 lb ( 662 kg)
Maximum Payload Capacity M1101: 1940 lb (880 kg)
M1102: 2740 lb (1243 kg)
Hull Unitized body construction using aircraft grade aluminum and chromoly steel
Overall Length 132 inches (335cm)
Overall Width 85.6 inches (217 cm)
Overall Height 52.5 inches (133 cm)
Overall Height w/Soft Top Kit 99.5 inches (253 cm)
Track Width 72.5 inches (184 cm)
Drawbar Length 93.2 inches (237 cm) (from axle center to eye center)
Drawbar Eye Height 29.5 inches (75 cm)
Deck Height 34.5 inches (88 cm)
Ground Clearance (Laden) 16 inches (41 cm)
Suspension Type Fully independent progressive rate trailing arm suspension
Axle Tubular steel
Spring Media Progressive rate torselastic rubber chords
Shock Absorbers Telescopic, direct acting, one per wheel, HMMWV compatible
Wheels 16.5 X 8.25, two piece steel, HMMWV compatible, 8 on 6.5 inch bolt pattern
Tires 37X12.50R16.5 Goodyear Wrangler M/T, with 30-mile runflat inserts, HMMWV compatible
Brakes 12 inch x 2 inch free backing hydraulic surge brakes with automatic breakaway actuation. Independent lever-operated left and right side mechanical parking brakes.
Electrical System 24 Volt DC sealed lighting system with blackout convoy lights, 12 pin connector plug mates with HMMWV
Max Speed (Primary Roads) 55 mph (88 kph)
Max Speed (Secondary Roads) 35 mph (56 kph)
Max Speed (Off Road) 20 mph (32 kph)
Departure Angle 39 degrees
Turning Angle 80 degrees
Fording 60 inches (152 cm)

The wheels with the runflats look really stout, Shea told me they are heavy dudes to change. If you want less tongue height, you can swap over to shorter chevy/dodge 8 lug rims and tires.

There's the softtops, and supposedly you can find Fiberglas hard tops as well, no idea what those cost though.

The surge brakes are interesting, doing some research, no need to lock them out to back up, they have a damper/shock absorber in the tongue, so backing up slowly won't activate the brakes.

I'll run over and measure the bed for bulk firewood cargo capacity, BRB.....

Inside bed dimensions are 7 foot long, 6 foot wide, 18 inch high sides, 4 foot 7.5 inches between fender wells. Walls are two inch thick with that corrugated like construction.

Have one of those military trailers for sale for $500. It has 20" wheels and NDTs though, not the H1 stuff.

Double whoop!!!! Got my army trailer for the 3/4 ton bogger mkII today! Both my chebbies are covered now for haulers. Shoutout to @morewood and son, thanks guys! They delivered it today and we had a great time cruising around in the mule looking at the farm and talking about all sorts of stuff. If any of you guys want a mambo serious well built scrounger trailer, get you one of these, man are they built good. I had never looked at one close up, just wayyyy better then those tractor supply style trailers, no comparison. Lightweight, strong, great ground clearance and obviously built to get through the brush and woods and tote the load. He has some more for sale posted up in the general equipment trading post forum

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/military-trailers-m105a3-and-m1102.277876/

Anywho, here's a few pics of it, can't wait to tote some wood! Heck, a few add ons, make a nice off road camping trailer thing as well, plenty of room inside to stretch out. Got the bows and stabilizers with it, I'll make a top, probably from my billboard tarp scrap pieces.

Does it still have run flats in the wheels? The tire and wheel combo alone is worth $500..

Those 1101/1102s are nice trailers. Perfect for wood gathering. They are tough but the skin is soft so be careful tossing logs into the bed. Another thing I learned the hard way, make sure the trailer is not tongue down when loaded, the brakes will engage and get a bit hot. My 101 loaded with pecan. I use a 105 for wood storage.

i-fnQrxbw-L.jpg

Back