Lets see Your Climbing Rig

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New tribe arborist saddle 10' wire core flip line home made 14' soft lanyard hand full if carabiners 100' Yale XTC fire climb line for small trees Samson don't remember 200' for taller trees. Silky Zubat and 200t echo 330t as back up cheap treestuff climbing helmet ariat square toe slip on boots and blue jeans. Oh 4 or 5 loopies and a micro pulley or two. Rigging rings if rigging will be involved. I ddrt with a pruisk and micro pulley hand over hand and tend slack single handed.

Hey Rusty, that's just outright craziness! I'm confused, with 3 setups?

Dave6390 in WI

Petzl sequoia (rope bridge)
17' pinto/micho/thimble loop lanyard
2x OK triacts & hitch climber
Spare hitch climber
Sirius multisling
Friction saver (homemade)
Spare hitch cord
Figure eight
4 biners (2 revolver)
4ish slings
330 zubat
Francitals
Haix boots
Vertex lid w/vizor&husky muffs
Treestuff seamless bandanas

Half a dozen climbing ropes, using green tach and sterling tendril the most lately.

New tribe onyx
150' arbormaster brw
25' htp 9mm lanyard w/ vectran & thimble & snaps
Ultratech 10mm tied in a michoacan w/ cmi micro
Couple biners
Mini figure 8 from rock exotica
Loop of icetail for prussiks and as a sling
Paddle biners and a small caritool
Samurai ichiban
Climbrights with t pads
La sportiva mountaineering boots

I try to keep it pretty simple, I certainly have a few more tricks in the toolbox but this is what is pretty much always in use (minus the spikes) or on the saddle. Anything else can be substituted before a climb or sent up.

Rockman Climbing Helmet
NEW TRIBE Arborist saddle
ECHO CS-355t Primary Weapon
Silky Sugoi 420 sidearm
Buckingham Steel Climbers w/Climb right padds
RockExotica Carabiner & Ropegrab
Steel-Toe Wolverine Boots
Pfanner Arborist chainsaw pants

How you like that 355? I was looking at one the other day, looked nice!

How you like that 355? I was looking at one the other day, looked nice!
You should have touched it too.

Seriously though, its my favorite top handle by far. Ive been issued 201's and 540xp's and still choose to run one of my personal 355's. The Husqvarna will out cut it, but when you factor in how much you have to pull and rev it before it will cut, you'll be ahead with the echo. Less vibes, easier starting and similar power for almost half price. Better ergonomics and balance in every direction IMO.

You should have touched it too.

Seriously though, its my favorite top handle by far. Ive been issued 201's and 540xp's and still choose to run one of my personal 355's. The Husqvarna will out cut it, but when you factor in how much you have to pull and rev it before it will cut, you'll be ahead with the echo. Less vibes, easier starting and similar power for almost half price. Better ergonomics and balance in every direction IMO.

I agree. Same deal with me, I usually use my personal 355T rather than deal with the company 201T and T540 that are are a pain to use most of the time if not broken. Echo starts more reliably and I like the balance and ergonomics better too. I'll use the company 192TC for pruning usually and the company saws for big removals, but for most daily use I enjoy using my 355.

image.jpeg
Petzl Sequoia(new version), Rock Exotica swivel on rope bridge, 120' New England Hi-Vee 1/2", Buckingham Titanium w/ velcro cusion pads, Hitch climber pulley(Rapide), 30" Ocean polyester 8mm splice e2e, (2)DMM oval carabiners, Rock Exotica transporter tool carrier, Weaver bungee chainsaw strap, Homemade split tail and lanyard with Climb Right rope grab.

Gonna put in a order at treestuff for a ce lanyard and handsaw(zubat 330) soon!!!!

Left to right, starting at the top.
Rock Exotica TriRig on Petzl Spirit
Blue Water Figure 8 on Screwgate DMM Revolver
CMI Micro Pulley and Wild Country Ropeman 1 Ascender on another Spirit
Home made neck lanyard with DMM XSRE
Oh Sh*t Kit
Rope Wrench, Omega Jake, CMI Micro Mouse Pulley, 30" x 10mm e2e.
3 more Petzl Spirits, 1 DMM 45kn Steel Carabiner
Silky Sugoi 360
Weaver Cougar with 2 Petzl Caritools and Petzl Adjust bridge with Black Diamond Rotor all held on by Petzl Open Ring
2 home made retrievable redirects. Omega Jake Carabiners, and Mallion Rapide quicklinks. Spare Rapide, wrench and Liberty Mountain Biner
Petzl Vertex Best Helmet.
CMI Foot ascender,
Petzl Grillion lanyard, 2 Omega Jake biners and PenSafe Snap hook.

Not shown, XTC24 Blue Moon, and Home made knee ascender made with Petzl Croll

Attachments

• harness.jpg
    harness.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 83

Latest posts

Back