let's see your firewood dog!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn woodcutter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
If you are like me you have a "helper" that likes to be out there with you when you are processing your firewood. I have a 75 lb Standard Poodle named Hank. Smartest dog I know. I bet he knows over 50 commands and he's an excellent hunter and retriever! 20141218_122850.jpg

3 yr. old 75lb. Hound mix, he's pretty helpful with keeping all the splitter trash clear of the splitter and distributing it through out the yard for me to pick up later:confused:... he would do the same with the pile of splits if I let him:dizzy:
as you can see he likes to climb...everything, he will try to climb something before he tries to jump, he's the weirdest dog I have ever known!

d2.jpg d3.jpg d1.jpg

3 yr. old 75lb. Hound mix, he's pretty helpful with keeping all the splitter trash clear of the splitter and distributing it through out the yard for me to pick up later:confused:... he would do the same with the pile of splits if I let him:dizzy:
as you can see he likes to climb...everything, he will try to climb something before he tries to jump, he's the weirdest dog I have ever known!

View attachment 387654 View attachment 387655 View attachment 387656
IMG_20141116_140830-1_zps08f9ceab.jpg

This is Nemo. Don't have an outdoor shot of him because it would be nearly impossible. Less than 2 years old, can't keep still. Dude has some serious energy reserves. He likes to steal splits too. Also likes to hide chew toys between couch cushions or bury them in blankets. Smart but kind of retarded if that makes sense. Feel like strangling him on a daily basis but also love the crap out of him lol. Got his stogie chew toy in his mouth.

Smart but kind of retarded if that makes sense

ohh yeah, mines the same way, he doesn't know many "commands" as I don't care about those, just the important ones "lets go", and "sit", but he is damn smart

ohh yeah, mines the same way, he doesn't know many "commands" as I don't care about those, just the important ones "lets go", and "sit", but he is damn smart

Say the word "walk" and he goes ape ****. Every American should own one like him, would be less obesity. If you don't take him for a walk everyday he will destroy your yard/house. Run 6 miles with him every other day. I'll come home and want to sit down to relax, he wants to go in the back yard and run laps with a split in his mouth. I need to find a way to make him my scrounge skidder.

Say the word "walk" and he goes ape ****. Every American should own one like him, would be less obesity. If you don't take him for a walk everyday he will destroy your yard/house. Run 6 miles with him every other day. I'll come home and want to sit down to relax, he wants to go in the back yard and run laps with a split in his mouth. I need to find a way to make him my scrounge skidder.
yup "ride" or "truck" and he's out the door, but then there's trying to get him to jump in instead of trying to climb :dumb:
he will literally play catch with himself, throws the ball with his mouth and runs and catches it... if anyone trys to play with him, he just gets the ball and will just throw it himself, and wont let anyone have it back, he usually tires himself out pretty good...

Latest posts

Back