lets see your pictures of your own built log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built this 10 years ago at the age of 16. I did it as cheaply as I could. $864 to be exact, oil and all. Keep it simple and make the gussets count. I ran a 6.5 HP honda with an 11 GPM pump which I have since up graded to a 13 HP Harbor freight special and a 22 GPM pump and bigger 25 GPM valve. I crippled the I-beam in the first year and switched to a heavier H-beam. The wings are tables. Keeps wood from falling every single split. Try to bend over as little as possible. Harbor freight, Baileys Hydraulics, and TSC or rural king. I had a blast and am dying to build another. But no need with a fleet of others....CRD processor, TW-5, Northstar, upside down wallenstein skidsteer mount, and this.....I cant get enough. I think it would be possible to build a TW-5 or Built-rite model for less than half of what their stickers are......

Not the greatest picture of it but its the best I have right now. I have since painted all the steel and made a fancier 12V light set up (which is cut off in the picture) Again, Harbor freight. Keep it cheap and simple.

original OG.jpeg

A view of the dashboard !!!!

not bad!!

i'm adding a digital temp controller to mine that will shut it down at 160 degrees. i let neighbors borrow it and they run the hell out of it. so, at 160 it will just shut off until it cools down.

Made this one a few years back and it's everything I wanted that nobody made.

MVC-018S_55.JPG

MVC-005S_1.JPG

MVC-013S_1.JPG

MVC-012S_1.JPG

MVC-004S.JPG

I beyond love this setup.. Has a lift which will save the back and splitter.. Omg I want one lol!

would like a build a trailer like ( Iowa ) built to mount a store bought splitter, anyone ever built one?
i have been gathering pieces and parts to build something that hopefully will look like what you have made.
Nice work on that machine.

Latest posts

Back