Let's see your tomatoes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the heck u say, amberg! why seems just yesterday they was wet, soggy plants. look good. what kind? nice vine ripened.

I think the little one is going to die, it never did look very good. I did spray them yesterday with some Bonide rot stop, Don't know if it will help or not. I think that cow manure might need another dose of lime on it.

Notice the limas coming up on the other side of the patch.

Attachments

• 2013-02-06 001 005.JPG
    2013-02-06 001 005.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • 2013-02-06 001 006.JPG
    2013-02-06 001 006.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 2013-02-06 001 007.JPG
    2013-02-06 001 007.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 12
We had terrible conditions in spring rain rain rain rain rain and more rain from march to last of april then hot hot and now hotter lol. My cantelope look good and just getting water melon. Cucumbers are daily lol

We had the same thing here to, That's why everything was planted so late, We are also still baling hay which should have been done over two weeks ago.

I think the little one is going to die, it never did look very good. I did spray them yesterday with some Bonide rot stop, Don't know if it will help or not. I think that cow manure might need another dose of lime on it.

Notice the limas coming up on the other side of the patch.

good pix there amberg. enjoyed 'the view'... only one question, though... how come a farmer guy like you who does large plot patches of corn, potatoes and sunflowers... has his limas so scruntched in together in the row?...

just wondering....

We had terrible conditions in spring rain rain rain rain rain and more rain from march to last of april then hot hot and now hotter lol. My cantelope look good and just getting water melon. Cucumbers are daily lol

I can relate! my whole bottom drawer in refer... cukes. lol... wish we all could do a GTG and picnic... we could have cucumber sam-mies! ;)... I would even supply the bread... lol :yes:

:drinkingcoffee:

and even some more 100's... just a couple I quick picked... get that or bit more almost daily... take in let ripen... usually cook them vs salad... :) yum!
View attachment 510552

so amberg?.... how's my tomatoes? ok for a city slicker dude? lol ;)......

do they pass the Farmer's Test and make the grade?

:numberone: for :picture:!

I guess it is damn good, As she is mad at me for not planting any, And really mad now that she has seen the little bastards. Ha Ha Ha. As she loves the little 100's . I guess the blame must be on you!!! Ha Ha. Again.

If all else fails, Blame it on me.

good pix there amberg. enjoyed 'the view'... only one question, though... how come a farmer guy like you who does large plot patches of corn, potatoes and sunflowers... has his limas so scruntched in together in the row?...

just wondering....

Because I am no longer able to take care of a giant garden like we used to have, since every one who used to help me has been long since passed, Except the wife's father and sister who are both at the age of 94 and 97 , in which my wife stays at least 3 nights a week with him. And finally got the sister in nurse home, Who still wants to live by her self. ( she is 97 ) imagine that!!

I guess it is damn good, As she is mad :mad: at me for not planting any, And really mad now that she has seen the little bastards. Ha Ha Ha. As she loves the little 100's . I guess the blame must be on you!!! Ha Ha. Again.

If all else fails, Blame it on me.

she is mad? guess u dint get no stuffed peppers yet, no? and I sent u the ez recipe, too... ;)

Because I am no longer able to take care of a giant garden like we used to have, since every one who used to help me has been long since passed, Except the wife's father and sister who are both at the age of 94 and 97 , in which my wife stays at least 3 nights a week with him. And finally got the sister in nurse home, Who still wants to live by her self. ( she is 97 ) imagine that!!

what? live by herself? or 97? to me, both are amazing. good for her. :)

2 feet takes about 6 feet of concrete wire each. I use my klien linemans pliers and custom cut to where it gives a wrap wire and cut the bottom to where it has stab wire protruding from the bottom if I'm making sense? A roll of wire makes I think it was 16 cages its best to cost share with neighbors

Yeah, I've been using cages made from concrete remesh. I made mine using a small pair of bolt cutters, it's easy to cut the thick wire that way. And have "stab wire" on the bottoms as in my photo, this helps anchor the wire cage into the ground. I pound three tall oak stakes along the sides of the cage, evenly spaced, and that locks the cages in and keeps them from moving or falling over. These are the only cages I've had that work well, the ones you buy in the store are all too small and flimsy, and my tomato plants get quite large. This year I planted my 'maters a bit late, but they are coming along now that the summer heat is here. They start getting shade starting around 4:30 pm as my garden is a bit close to the woods, but this doesn't seem to affect them. In winter I may remove some more oak trees in order to get more sunlight on my garden spot. So here's a pic of my tomatoes at the moment along with one of my tomato cages
tomato cage.JPG
tomatoes 7-15-16.JPG

Yeah, I've been using cages made from concrete remesh. I made mine using a small pair of bolt cutters, it's easy to cut the thick wire that way. And have "stab wire" on the bottoms as in my photo, this helps anchor the wire cage into the ground. I pound three tall oak stakes along the sides of the cage, evenly spaced, and that locks the cages in and keeps them from moving or falling over. These are the only cages I've had that work well, the ones you buy in the store are all too small and flimsy, and my tomato plants get quite large. This year I planted my 'maters a bit late, but they are coming along now that the summer heat is here. They start getting shade starting around 4:30 pm as my garden is a bit close to the woods, but this doesn't seem to affect them. In winter I may remove some more oak trees in order to get more sunlight on my garden spot. So here's a pic of my tomatoes at the moment along with one of my tomato cages View attachment 513528 View attachment 513529

nice tomato patch... has a certain just right country look to it! :)

Back