Lickity Log Splitter, Piqua Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the model # splitter you are looking for but it's not for sale at this time. Loaned it to a 'friend' of mine who let his neighbor borrow it. Finally got it back minus the kohler engine and the exploded view manual. Trying to find a copy of this so I can rebuild this thing for the third time. Bought it used in '75. Great machine! If I can rebuild it, I will NEVER loan it out again. Any ideas where I can find a manual or download?

I have an owners man and parts diagram

I have on of these splitters and the the thing works awesome. I believe the model # is 26EK30 and serial # is 5467 with an 8hp Kohler engine. I am looking for any information & literature on this splitter (manuals,year,parts diagram,etc) just in case I need to repair anything, It's been rock solid so far.

Thanks
Jake

I did read the posts.......I know they are out of biz. I am NOT asking for parts I am asking if anyone has any information on the splitter I have or one similar.
Thanks for reading the post !!!

yo, you gotta think outside the box to understand Toms posts. Your model, is it 2 speed? I dont recall that model you spoke of. Its like you mixed model #'s. The 2 speed , depending on length, were originaly the 26mk34 a-f, wich were later the Mk348. The dog ass slow economy models were the Mk308 later on and I forgot what they were orig, but I think 26mk30? You can get an owners man from Webb bro's in Cali, but they charge $75. for it. Post a pic of yours and Ill tell you what it is. Or, go to the thread titled lickity splitter firewood operation in the firewood forum and tell me if its set up like mine. Keep in mind the one in the table in the pic is a highly modified model. Oh, and any questions, Super3 and I can pretty much answer any you have. I have original broshures from the 60's of these things. Weve had 4, and I split over 250 face anually with em. Had machine shops make me hundreds of $'s in parts.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures
8hp Kohler,I believe the engine is a 1976 according to serial #.

Yup EK30.

Economy model. Super slow. Look on the valve. Somewhere theres a manufactered date on it that can give you an idea of around how old it is. Those came new with the 7 an a half horse Kohler. Dont know if that motor is original. Tell me, when you throw the lever, does the throttle kick up with it? or is the linkage missing?

The throttle moves via cable hooked to the lever linkage, so yes when you move thel ever throttle goes up.

model 26ek30

Thanks, I will post some pics later this morning.

new at this guys. have lickity log splitter. motor b&s 1979 cable was broke and wrapped in circle. just can't seem to get routing right. any help would be great thanks

Lickity log splitter

Here are some pictures
8hp Kohler,I believe the engine is a 1976 according to serial #.

Here's my splitter. My Dad and I completly restored this splitter and have since made a new oil tank out of aluminum checker plate.

Likety Splitter

Wow! Yours is in great shape, good job on the restoration! I owned one back in the mid/late 70's, and I wish I still owned it. I loved my Likety Log splitter, (did all my splitting by hand before I bought it). I sold firewood back then. Now I heat my house with a wood stove, (15 years now), and I own a splitter named, "Iron and Oak", made in the US. Great splitter, 26 ton, Horizontal/vertical. but I would love to have a new Likity Log splitter again. good luck with your, you really did a great job on it.
Kenny s. - New Jersey

Lickety

Wow! Yours is in great shape, good job on the restoration! I owned one back in the mid/late 70's, and I wish I still owned it. I loved my Likety Log splitter, (did all my splitting by hand before I bought it). I sold firewood back then. Now I heat my house with a wood stove, (15 years now), and I own a splitter named, "Iron and Oak", made in the US. Great splitter, 26 ton, Horizontal/vertical. but I would love to have a new Likity Log splitter again. good luck with your, you really did a great job on it.
Kenny s. - New Jersey

I should of taken pictures of it when I found it buried in some weeds, it was a rust bucket. I'll send you anouther picture with the new tank.

Back