liquid gasket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for the Threebond 1194. A few members on here swear by it. One of them is a motorcyle mechanic and he says it is the standard for reassembly of motorcycle engines.

i use threebond 1194 from northwoods works like a charm,,,,put a good bead all the way around the pan and a thin coat around the outside of the seal...no leaks yet using this method;)

i use threebond 1194 from northwoods works like a charm,,,,put a good bead all the way around the pan and a thin coat around the outside of the seal...no leaks yet using this method;)

do you lay a bead on top of the seal also? you put the sealant around the outside of the seal? I didnt know how it would stick to the seal so I wasnt sure if you only put the stuff on the metal. thanks

i just put a little on my finger and smear a thin layer around the outside, a little dab will do ya:hmm3grin2orange:

Any of you fellas use GM ANEROBIC sealer? Its red and looks like icing untill it smushes. It's plenty full, I just wonder if its gas resistant. It sure stops oil but will it stop gas????

i usually let it sit overnight,,,vac and pressure test while the saw is tore down and cut some wood if everything checks out;)

type 2

has anyone used gasket sealant 2 by versa chem? i got some today says it resist motor oil, gasoline, diesel, fuel oil, kerosene, antifreeze, h20, synthetic oil, salt and mild acids..... looks like it could resist a nuke attack!!!:blob2: it was only a couple dollars for a 1.5 oz tube... ready to put the oil tank back on a 610 after i cleaned it. they used silicone and it was all in the bottom of the tank along with a few good pinches of saw dust and alot of grime from using drain oil.

Any of you fellas use GM ANEROBIC sealer? Its red and looks like icing untill it smushes. It's plenty full, I just wonder if its gas resistant. It sure stops oil but will it stop gas????

That's what I use. I used it to seal the front gas tank section on my XP1020 a few years ago and it is still sealed tight so yes, it will stop gas.

Back