Little chips out of big chips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulcher

Reaction score
I have a finncorp blower truck and want to use the chip from tree loppers chippers but what I'm getting is to inconsistent in size, so I would like to run it through a chipper a second time. Does anybody else do this and what type of machine do you use?
Cheers

I have a finncorp blower truck and want to use the chip from tree loppers chippers but what I'm getting is to inconsistent in size, so I would like to run it through a chipper a second time. Does anybody else do this and what type of machine do you use?
Cheers
What you are looking for is a Tub grinder there are a few different manufacturers. Morbark, vermeer, roto chopper and I'm sure there are more but those are the big names. You put in the screen size of your choice to control the size of the product.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The Rotochopper CP 118 is a wood chip processor. You fill the hopper with wood chips and out comes a colored mulch. This machine produces about 60-70 yards per hour. I have one for sale for $78,000 USD. The smallest tub grinder Morbark makes is a 950 and that will produce about 50-70 yards per hour. You would need to add a colorizer to the machine.

You can't run chips back through a chipper.

Hope this helps!

Dave Wild
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Attachments

• 2006 Rotochopper CP 118.JPG
    2006 Rotochopper CP 118.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 7
Also note to make colored mulch you need a lotttt of water. A garden hose probably is not going to cut it... not sure our exact water consumption but we feed via a fire hydrant.

We have two morbark tubs on the small one (1000) we built a spray bar and bought an aftermarket coloring unit, wich was pretty damn expensive for what you get...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

the pellet manufacturers use a hammer-mill to pulverise them into small fibers for pressing them into pellets. ive thought of buying an old style feed mill to try it. my theory is if you can get them consistant size, they could be fed through an auger feed system into a stove

Latest posts

Back