Log Arch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a readable copy

The assistant editor of Mother sent me a PDF copy of the drawing that wasnt readable in the article I posted. If anyone want a copy PM me with your email addy and Ill shoot you a copy of the PDF..

I cant figure out how to post it here or I would..MIKE

The assistant editor of Mother sent me a PDF copy of the drawing that wasnt readable in the article I posted. If anyone want a copy PM me with your email addy and Ill shoot you a copy of the PDF..

I cant figure out how to post it here or I would..MIKE

Just add the PDF as an attachment unless it is too big for the attachment size. If it is too big you can ship it to me and I will see if I can reduce the size as I do have the professional version of adobe acrobat. I will send you a PM with my email.

Log Arch PDF

The file is too big to upload.. Hang on for a little bit guys we are trying to get the file uploaded to the site.

Ive sent a bunch of PDF files out

The file is pretty big and its slow sending it out. even with DSL. Trying to get a readable copy posted here so everyone will have it...

The editor at Mother asked me to send pictures

If you build one please send me a picture and I will get it to her...thanks

Mike sent me the PDF and I converted it to graphics file that seems readable..

attachment.php

Outstanding

Mike thanks for doing that..my acrobat reader is the free version and I couldnt figure out how to post it. The posted copy looks great.

Please post a picture if you build one

Ill get it off to Mother Earth. Im scrapping my parts now. Hopefully I will have this and my bandmill finished in a couple of months. Then its on to the timber.

This thing looks like just the ticket for a 4 wheeler or truck. The think I like about it is it suspends the log completley...no rut marks where you dragged it.

This shouldnt be too expensive to build....Ive got a line on some free 2x2 tubing/.

Tubular post clamps????

Has anyone figured out the purpose of the tubular post clamps?? Why not just weld the post that holds the winch to the frame and brace it towards the back? I might be missing something ...DOH

Has anyone figured out the purpose of the tubular post clamps?? Why not just weld the post that holds the winch to the frame and brace it towards the back? I might be missing something ...DOH

I thought that was weird as well. I too would just weld the winch support onto the main bar.

Maybe so you can move the winch post to the other side of the frame if needed?

It beats me

Looks like it adds to the complexity for no reason. Did you get the PDF file I sent ya Terrly? You really dont need it now that the pic has been posted here. Can wait to see everyones efforts on this.

Looks like it adds to the complexity for no reason. Did you get the PDF file I sent ya Terrly? You really dont need it now that the pic has been posted here. Can wait to see everyones efforts on this.

I got it Mike, Thank You.:cheers:

Rather than forraging for front axle spindles at the junkyard, we will be using axle stubs and hubs from Northern Tool. I looked into it yesterday and for the cost, it doesn't make sense to spend much time hunting, cutting, and re-engineering when you cen get new ones so cheap. We have already started gathering the other materials....

I came to the same conclusion 2Fat

Northern hubs and spindles are the way to go. I got my 2inch square tubing cut to length last night...new steel 24 bucks

Thanks for the PDF file! I'll be working on welding one up in the coming month! Post pictures fella's, and can't wait to hear about the ways to improve on the design...think I'll be adding an electric winch to the rear of my ATV rather than the manual lift.

Here is a photo of an arch I made a few years ago just to add to the mix.

The tree is just a little stick, but I pulled some 32" diam. fir logs with it b4 selling it.

Back