logger suspenders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Reaction score
why does it seem like all loggers wear suspenders to hold up their pants ? is their some real need for them or just cool to wear them ?

Really? You live in PA and would ask that question?:D I always wore my riggin jeans a couple of sizes too big in the waist. You could move more freely and it helped the chips fall through;)

I wear bib overalls..........you gotta problem with that?

i-like-my-overalls.jpg

I'm a minimalist, I don't wear them.

I find that wearing elastic waist band shorts work really nice to keep them up, my preferred shorts have elastic along with a string that I can cinch up.

The Wendell wears them cause his arse, although perfectly shaped, is rather large. And because he don't like it when we make fun of his coin slot. :D

I'm a minimalist, I don't wear them.

I find that wearing elastic waist band shorts work really nice to keep them up, my preferred shorts have elastic along with a string that I can cinch up.

I thought all you farmers just used baler twine.

The Wendell wears them cause his arse, although perfectly shaped, is rather large. And because he don't like it when we make fun of his coin slot. :D

Coil slot?

I thought that's where you swipe your bank card? :msp_confused:

Another one for the forestry & logging forum?

Even I wear rigging pants in the woods with suspenders. Pants stretch out in the waste, and then they sag and become a safety problem.

I heard this gem from a hooktender, talking to his boss, " I told him he better get suspenders and stop sagging. NOBODY needs that much room."

Gots to be able to contort and move around quickly in the brush. Also, when jeans get wet, they will want to droop and the suspenders stop that. Think of all the stuff that fallers:bowdown: have to carry on a belt and we mortals even carry stuff in pockets.

Besides, it is the style. But, there are special suspenders for the faller caste, and the plainer ones for the rest of us, and both should be the button ones.

ok between the wedges ,spencer tape bar wrench this make sense, ,dont think i would want my pants loose enough for chips to fly down them ,but i know cutting i get real hot ,the looser pants seems like ventilation ,but whats the purpose of the log truck drivers ? seems like not a one doesn't wear them around here

ok between the wedges ,spencer tape bar wrench this make sense, ,dont think i would want my pants loose enough for chips to fly down them ,but i know cutting i get real hot ,the looser pants seems like ventilation ,but whats the purpose of the log truck drivers ? seems like not a one doesn't wear them around here

Don't you know? Every log truck driver used to be a faller. That's what they'll tell you. :msp_smile:

I wear either bib overalls or ####ies brand Perry suspenders on regular jeans when doing any kind of heavy work, or when working the garden or working on c/s/s firewood.

I just hate when jeans keep drooping the more one bends and lifts wood or whatever.

Just sayin'...

***Wow...can't print the brand name because it gets censored!!"***

Maybe belts don't come in their size....? Also notice that all of them are high water style too?

about 50/50 on the high pants around here ,i was told less chance of hanging up in the brush on that one ,i can see that when i do limbing they do snag my pant bottoms some

I don't like my shirt coming untucked, and I wear a harness and falling belt with all my #### hanging off it. Tried a belt once, but it wasn't very comfortable with the falling belt over top of it.

Latest posts

Back