logger suspenders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's cutting down a tree. See the saw? He's high stumping it because it is going to be used for rigging.

yeah I know what he is doing in the pic, but if you don't notice the saw it looks like he's takin a leak...

aw great ,i just figured out i need to know where to put them too,got the suspenders like a Y shape ,looks like back ones along middle belt loop ,then i got 2 on each front side to figure out ,wonder how a carpenters C-clamp would do like a press ?

Two in back centered around the middle belt loop, (but you know that right?). The the two in front get spaced above the pockets or just ahead of em. using the same space between belt loops, 1/2-1" from the loops on either side. ( or just a thumb width I try really hard not to measure stuff when I'm not at work...)

As for hammering them in make sure the Wifey/hetero life mate, is home and use the kitchen table as yer anvil

uggg none of my carharts have the buttons for the suspenders ,i guess need bigger ones anyways by sounds of it ,if 34 just jump to a 36 ? staying cooled off this summer is the main concern for the looser pants ,this is a logging town ,the guys wearing them their pants dont look too big for them ,cooler boots would be nice too if there is such a thing

Or you could go to Swains and buy some with buttons already on them:msp_biggrin: I don't know if the Toggery still exist, but back in the day they actually carried riggin jeans, Hickory shirts, and tin pants and jackets! As an aside could never understand why Carhartt put a hammer loop on their logging jeans- just something to get hung up on the brush.

Or you could go to Swains and buy some with buttons already on them:msp_biggrin: I don't know if the Toggery still exist, but back in the day they actually carried riggin jeans, Hickory shirts, and tin pants and jackets! As an aside could never understand why Carhartt put a hammer loop on their logging jeans- just something to get hung up on the brush.

The hammer loop is always on the left side too. :dizzy:

The hammer loop is always on the left side too. :dizzy:

Well yeah. . . It for a cross draw. DUH! :laugh:

*Randy and Nate sheeting a 10:12 hanging on toe boards, passing a sheet over*

Nate: Randy, hand me your hammer.

Randy: I can't, it's in my left-handed belt loop, and it's pinned down to the roof.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Well yeah. . . It for a cross draw. DUH! :laugh:

*Randy and Nate sheeting a 10:12 hanging on toe boards, passing a sheet over*

Nate: Randy, hand me your hammer.

Randy: I can't, it's in my left-handed belt loop, and it's pinned down to the roof.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Hopefully I'll never sheet a 10:12 again. When I did, I only used one toe board.......at the very bottom. :) I walked the upper edge of the plywood and nailed off as I went.

Now the felt was a different story. :bang:

Hopefully I'll never sheet a 10:12 again. When I did, I only used one toe board.......at the very bottom. :) I walked the upper edge of the plywood and nailed off as I went.

sheet from the inside .............;)

Speaking of carpentry, that's sort of how I got to see the light with 'spenders. How you ask? Well, I got told years ago that I have carpenters butt, which is to say that I don't have one. For those that have a butt, feel blessed that you have something to hang your pants from, it's a curse otherwise! My wife bought me a set a couple of Christmas' ago and they sat in a drawer because I was too proud to wear the things, then I got tired of the breeze hitting me where it shouldn't and having hike up my pants all the time. The chaps only make it worse, by a factor of 10! So, I'm a recent convert to the 'spenders brigade, at least while I'm sawing in the back yard.

I used to wear bib overalls in one of my previous lives, always have thought they were way cool.:cool2: A set of cotton duck Carhartt bibs with the stretchy shoulder straps, now that's high livin' right there!

10:12's are waaay too common in these parts. No way in heck-hell-or hades would you find me on one without many rows of toe boards!

Call me a sissy if'n ya want, but I've seen them save some hides! :msp_thumbup:

I've done it like ya say, as ya sheet, but you get to the ridge and yer like, "Now what?". :laugh:

Oh, and "suspenders". :D

10:12's are waaay too common in these parts. No way in heck-hell-or hades would you find me on one without many rows of toe boards!

Call me a sissy if'n ya want, but I've seen them save some hides! :msp_thumbup:

I've done it like ya say, as ya sheet, but you get to the ridge and yer like, "Now what?". :laugh:

Oh, and "suspenders". :D

I has to steel sheet a 10:12 back in my youth. You can't do toe boards so you end up doing everything with a repelling harness. Even then it's still tricky to manage on a dewy morning.

I has to steel sheet a 10:12 back in my youth. You can't do toe boards so you end up doing everything with a repelling harness. Even then it's still tricky to manage on a dewy morning.

Oh, I've done the rope and harness rodeo. I have just resigned myself to stop at sheeting when I can -- and let the roofers do the felt and roof the dern things.

They're faster at it then I am anyway. :msp_thumbup:

That's done from the top down. I can tell yun's how to shingle from the top down, too. Keeps ya from tearing up the work on hot days.

Now back on topic, ladies. Logger suspenders. Next time, Googleit.

That's done from the top down. I can tell yun's how to shingle from the top down, too. Keeps ya from tearing up the work on hot days.

Now back on topic, ladies. Logger suspenders. Next time, Googleit.

The scary logger guy is cutting a cookie????? :msp_scared:

Maybe belts don't come in their size....? Also notice that all of them are high water style too?

Naww mine are around the waist regular height. That high water crap get's old quick.

How do you carry a gun while wearing suspenders?

Try the Galco inside the waistband. STO 226 carries my Glock 23 with no belt just fine.

I'm a skinny guy, spenders mandatory lol. Also help when you're slingin two spencers cruising.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back