Logger's day off...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is only one tavern left in my home town. The "Timber Tavern" is still a dump, with great food and shady characters everywhere.

The "Spar Pole Pub" went all yuppie and turned in to a cocktail lounge, and it went south from there. Now I think it's an Italian restaraunt.

I got tossed over the bar at the Timber back in my younger days... :laugh:

Gary

There is only one tavern left in my home town. The "Timber Tavern" is still a dump, with great food and shady characters everywhere.

The "Spar Pole Pub" went all yuppie and turned in to a cocktail lounge, and it went south from there. Now I think it's an Italian restaraunt.

I got tossed over the bar at the Timber back in my younger days... :laugh:

Gary

Woulda liked to see the guy who could throw you over a bar must been a couple big guys. We stihl got the City hall saloon in Cumberland its Rotaxs favorite hang out when I see the predator truck parked i stop by and visit and drink a lotta coke a cola.

Neighborhood bars are a thing of the past here, they went with the Mom and Pop grocerystores.
I knew some wonderfull dives, there was one in Eureka, west of Broadway, at the edge of a sawmill's cold deck, Alton at Hwy 36 was where I tossed my cousin through a window, my Bro and I were asked to leave and never come from the Sawblade.

LOL...How 'bout Covelo on a Saturday night? The Ivanhoe in Ferndale? Or any place on 2nd Street in Eureka before the yippies discovered it?

P4251692.jpg

'Nuff said?

Fun with trailer hitches? At least you can't blame it on the road up here this time!:)

"Fun" with trailer wiring. Figured it was only fair to the other motorists to have turn signals and brake lites that actually worked on our little trash trailer.

One of those fifteen minute jobs that winds up taking all morning, a trip to town for parts, every tool you have, three bandaids, and the complete demolition of my patience and normal good humor.

The trailer lites work. They damn well better.

"Fun" with trailer wiring. Figured it was only fair to the other motorists to have turn signals and brake lites that actually worked on our little trash trailer.

One of those fifteen minute jobs that winds up taking all morning, a trip to town for parts, every tool you have, three bandaids, and the complete demolition of my patience and normal good humor.

The trailer lites work. They damn well better.

The last one of those I had, after it was all said and done it was just a bad ground!

Last winter during off times I built these pants, $27 double knee logger jeans one size too big, and the guts from a fellow fallers wore (just tore up outsides, briken buckles, etc.)out full wrap chaps- I sewed them in. They are great, offer more protection than the inside pants inserts, I figure they're legal. They are a little warm and may just wear the Madsen's jeans and inserts during the warmer part of the summer. They were a little itchy at first but that was over by the end of the first day.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last winter during off times I built these pants, $27 double knee logger jeans one size too big, and the guts from a fellow fallers wore (just tore up outsides, briken buckles, etc.)out full wrap chaps- I sewed them in. They are great, offer more protection than the inside pants inserts, I figure they're legal. They are a little warm and may just wear the Madsen's jeans and inserts during the warmer part of the summer. They were a little itchy at first but that was over by the end of the first day.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks good

and a poem

This is a poem I like by Gary Snyder, he is Jaffe from Darma Bums by Kerouac. My regards, to Mr. Snyder, his publisher, and all, I submit this without permission but hope to share this good work.

In the high seat, before-dawn dark,
Polished hubs gleam
And the shiny diesel stack
Warms and flutters
Up the Tyler Road grade
To the logging on Poorman creek.
Thirty miles of dust.

There is no other life.

I bet I have up to 3 more weeks bucking up heli wood before we're really back into the thick of felling timber. I am looking forward to getting back to felling, but this is good work, rather educational, and easy on the body, a fine change for a spell.

Hope everyone is well.

I sewed them by hand, I tacked them in place with heavy duty thread loops all around and then backed that up with 3" long spans of regular thread, all along the edges. The best thing about this sewing strategy is that it doesn't all go to crap if one part wears out cause there are lots of parts knotted in individually, and I think its easier and faster.

I sewed them by hand, I tacked them in place with heavy duty thread loops all around and then backed that up with 3" long spans of regular thread, all along the edges. The best thing about this sewing strategy is that it doesn't all go to crap if one part wears out cause there are lots of parts knotted in individually, and I think its easier and faster.
Nice job Joe!

Back