Logosol M8

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgarrett

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Are any of you Folks running a 076, 084, or other large bar chainsaws on a Logosol M8? I have both and was thinking of putting a 24 inch bar on the 084 and a 9 tooth sprocket to get the chain speed up. Besides the larger extender nuts was there any other mods you had to do to the M8 sled? I have bought a Husqvarna 395 that I know will work but wanted to have the Stihls ready to go as backup saws when out milling. Any help would be great... Thanks Dave

I had to modify the exhaust port on my 395 as in it's stock condition it kept melting the foot on the carriage. Other than that so far so good.

I will take a photo tomorrow but all I did was cut a bit of copper pipe and add an elbow that I can point away from the feet on the base plate. I usually hold it in place with a jubilee clip.

Here's a photo of my muffler mod :
You'll also notice the replacement wooden foot that doesn't melt.
a1ed7e85c4f71aced3506a6139c35ad8.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and send me a picture... Did you also cover the muffler port that would be right behind where you have the pipe coming out . Thanks Dave

No the 15mm pipe slides neatly into the stock muffler which can then be rotated to any convenient position.

You should be grand then mine was pointing on to the foot and causing it to melt and I couldn't work out why (at first )

I have the regular M8 Mill... has a different sled then yours... No rubber donuts ... just slides on the rails... I thought the 395 Husqvarna was suppose to fit it... but to use it I had to pull the half wrap all the way off and run it without...Anyone else have this problem???? and if so What was your fix?. Dave

image.jpeg Here is a pic of my 3120 with the muffler mod and all the handles removed. Thought about taking the break off to, but it's not in the way and it's good for man handling it on and off the mill.

I slotted the holes in the sled around 1/4 inch more and it will fir with the half wrap.... with the 3120 did you have to slot your holes ???? Thanks Dave

Thanks for your help.... One more question... Did you buy any of the accessories that Logosol has for the M8..and do any off them work well... I was thinking of buying the log stop so the log doesn't slide while milling. Got the upgraded log dogs already and was looking at the duel log spinner (log cant hook)... Again thanks for your help... Dave

The only thing I bought was the upgraded log dogs. The ones that came with the package don't work very well. I've never had a log or a piece of wood move on me while milling. I'm not sure you need the stop.

I have the log end stop and use it regularly but not sure I would care to buy it again if I lost it.

Latest posts

Back