Looking for tabletop slab near Houston, TX......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pav

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Howdy folks!
I don't know if this is the proper section of the forum to ask, so mods feel free to move as necessary.

I am looking to buy a wood slab for a dining room table. 4' X 8' X 2-3" thick. I believe the wife likes walnut, although we are open to look at different patterns/colors. Rough cut is OK and preferably dried and ready to build the table with.

I live south of Houston and I don't think there are many mills/distributors/sawyers down here.

Does anyone have any contacts to help me out? I'm OK driving north/east of Houston into the wooded areas of the state to find a mill or distributor/seller etc to purchase from.

Thanks in advance!!
Pav

Yeah, its green so its got a few years to cure. You should try searching on craigslist. Try "slab", "slab wood", "lumber" or "rough cut" under all categories.

Yeah, its green so its got a few years to cure. You should try searching on craigslist. Try "slab", "slab wood", "lumber" or "rough cut" under all categories.
Good Pointers!
I didn't think about "rough cut"!

Latest posts

Back