Looking to purchase a wood splitter !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As title states! I have looked at so many reviews I am dizzy! I like the full beam splitter the best. I will split about 5 to 6 cords a year so I really do not want to invest thousands in a splitter. looking to spend up to 2k. The champion 25 ton has caught my eye . Your thoughts /opinions would be most appreciated!

almost all of the ones you find for sale will do the job. I took a chance and bought the Harbor freight splitter, I also burn 6 or so cords a year, and the predator blows through them with no issues.
Thanks to the double action design it takes two of us to keep up with the splitter. One staging the rounds, and stacking the splits, and one running the splitter. The double action design has almost no cycle time as each split puts the wedge in place for the next.
Make sure you have a good engine, I think the Honda is the best, Subaru and kohler after that. The Predator is a good copy of the Honda

Back