Lost parts when ordering from companies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfincr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm not trying to start a company hating thread so please dont try to make it one, i'm only looking to see if this is normal.

that being said on 2/26 i ordered from a company that was a site sponsor(they may still be i'm not sure) and paid for the priority 2 day shipping. well it made it to new jersey on the same day and never left. i opened a tracking case with the usps (i alerted the company i bought from that i did this) and they (usps) never found it. i was told to open a claim with them by them (usps) which i started to but found i needed more info from the company. i emailed them asking for the info or if they would be willing to submit the claim and resend the parts once its processed. The response i received was literally just their address, no other information.
in the past i had great transactions got everything i needed within 2 days, one time had the piston rings snapped and they shipped new ones out same day.

so my question is, is this normal for saw parts companies? i'm so use to dealing with amazon where they ship out new items as soon as confirmed and handle the returns, and even ebay where the seller processes it for you.

the worst part is of course the timing and murphy having to interject his law into this. my plan was to get the saws up, running and sold before i head into surgery next week and of course my son is due on the 25th.

Sounds like a postal service issue to me. The seller did thier part,.. they sent it out that day when it got to the next stop that is where the issue occured not at the sellers end. Or am i missing something?

at this point its settled as long as the post office processes my claim.

not missing anything this is definitely on the postal service. my question was more that is it normal for companies to have the "addresses" do the claim filing? i know with fedex/ups the shipper has to do it.

Soak the company owner in gas and flick lit matches at him....its fun fire fire fire fire!!!

When I had that problem, the company replaced the items pronto and they filed the claim. I was a happy customer and continued to shop with them.

USPS from my understanding shut down 3rd shift and nothing gets processed till 1st shift and 2nd next day.

What used to take 1 day to go out local now takes 3 days. What used to take out of state 3 days now takes 7 days.

Yep their service really suks now when waiting.

Reason I know this on the out of state delay. I mailed some NOS NLA 084 parts Tues. Showed should be delivered Fri. Tracking showed this too. But Sat guy on other end was asking. I told him what I knew about USPS above. The parts didnt show up Mon either. Finally on Tues they showed up.

Even if something is mailed 1st class it has tracking now. Priority too. So IMO get those tracking numbers.

For the most part, USPS tracking works pretty good. It's better than nothing.

Also, some of you may or may not be aware, but USPS has contacted with UPS to deliver some of their parcels.

A couple of weeks ago, I was waiting on a package being shipped via USPS. According to USPS tracking site, it was due to be delivered that day. Mail came and went and no package. :mad:

Later that afternoon, UPS truck showed up with the package. I asked the driver about them delivering USPS packages, and he acted like he didn't want to talk about it.

I think a mistake made in this case was the recipient trying to solve a problem the vendor usually deals with. In similar situations, I just contact the company I purchased the parts from and inform them I never received the order. Invariably the vendor solves the problem and they either re ship them or find out where they are. Shipping insurance and whatnot is the shipper's thing to deal with, not the recipient.
I have had serious issues with UPS handing off to USPS for final delivery. This adds days to the delivery time. It will probably all work out.

I think a mistake made in this case was the recipient trying to solve a problem the vendor usually deals with. In similar situations, I just contact the company I purchased the parts from and inform them I never received the order. Invariably the vendor solves the problem and they either re ship them or find out where they are. Shipping insurance and whatnot is the shipper's thing to deal with, not the recipient.
I have had serious issues with UPS handing off to USPS for final delivery. This adds days to the delivery time. It will probably all work out.

Many sellers / vendors will ask if you want insurance or not. If you as a buyer choose not to insure your purchase, you are pretty much left dangling in the wind.

I almost always forgo the insurance. I've yet to regret it, but there have been times...........:rolleyes: :crazy2:

I just looked at a Fedx package that was shipped to me on the 27th last month. Still stuck in same state it was shipped from on Mar 3 still.

Reasons when checking tracking #'s. Winter storm is causing delays and disruptions.

It's only chainsaw parts :crazy2: :laugh:

Did your purchase even have USPS insurance? Also, did you pay with a credit card? I would give it more time, but I would still
expect the seller to step up and handle it in the end.

It was ordered through priority mail so insurance is automatically included up to 50.

Usps has already called and told me they can't even find it. Maybe they'll beat my last record with them. I had a package show up 10 months after I ordered it

Sounds like a postal service issue to me. The seller did thier part,.. they sent it out that day when it got to the next stop that is where the issue occured not at the sellers end. Or am i missing something?

The seller did there part how? The guy is waiting for something THEY sent. Its the sellers problem when the buyer calls his credit card company and says NEVER RECIEVED!!

Back