Lots More Bucked Wood Waiting in far SW CT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTYank

Peripatetic Sawyer
Reaction score
Like the subj sez. Black Locust & white ash mainly. Load & go, that simple. Come Friday, we'll be dropping and bucking lots more big BL blowdowns. About a mile off NY 22 in Armonk. 1-ton p/u or smaller would work. PM for details & directions.

This could be a great offer for someone.

I get parts from a local parts store that go through a warehouse in Armonk. I wonder if they'd bring up some wood if it had the parts store labels attached to it?

Oh man I might have to make a trip for this! I have wood coming out the azz, but I've learned from this site that you can never have enough. Unfortunaly I cant make friday, but I will be passing you on my way to JFK to pick up our new puppy.....hmmmm maybe I can convince the GF to make a pit stop on the way there to pick up a load. That may not go over to well. I will hit you up in a PM and see if there is another time I could come down.

Nice of you to offer that wood to folks, CT. Offers don't come along like that every day.
Clint, borrow a deuce and a half and come on down! It's purely a win-win. The Land Trust needs Sandy damage cleared and our chipper will only handle up to 8". I'm looking to see what arrangements we can make to use our Kubota with a front-end-loader to fill one fellow's dump-body. Boss is delighted to see it go bye-bye. He & I spent the day yesterday bucking up a whole spit-load, and plan on a repeat for Friday. And again. And again. My Dolly 6100 should be broken in real soon. :rock2:He's happy his 361 now cuts straight.

Oh man I might have to make a trip for this! I have wood coming out the azz, but I've learned from this site that you can never have enough. Unfortunaly I cant make friday, but I will be passing you on my way to JFK to pick up our new puppy.....hmmmm maybe I can convince the GF to make a pit stop on the way there to pick up a load. That may not go over to well. I will hit you up in a PM and see if there is another time I could come down.

If you can convince her of that, clearly she has her priorities straight and is a keeper. Maybe stop in on the rewind? You could get hijacked for the wood in NYC. :rolleyes:

There's so much there ready for pickup, the only concern for you might be getting the wood out before it gets buried under deep snow. My boss is amenable to bringing a Kubota with FEL (It's stored a few miles down the road.) to speed/facilitate loading. He's that happy for your help. Merry Christmas!

If you can convince her of that, clearly she has her priorities straight and is a keeper. Maybe stop in on the rewind? You could get hijacked for the wood in NYC. :rolleyes:

There's so much there ready for pickup, the only concern for you might be getting the wood out before it gets buried under deep snow. My boss is amenable to bringing a Kubota with FEL (It's stored a few miles down the road.) to speed/facilitate loading. He's that happy for your help. Merry Christmas!

John, couldn't be happier to help. Wish I could have been there to help today! The gf could have easily been convinced to make a pit stop for wood, as she knows I have firewood addiction issues and knows not much stops me from the pursuit haha. I'm sitting in Laguardia airport terminal now actually waiting for the new puppy to be unloaded off the plane.

I hope you don't mind, but I spread the word to 2 of my close friends that I scrounge firewood with, and they are interested as well. So there may be a few trucks to load when I come down to maximize the kubota being on site....it wasn't hard convincing when I told them a machine would help load them up. I'm thinking next weekend is looking pretty good on my end. I'm really pretty flexible for the next 2 weeks honestly, so let me know what works for you guys. Looking forward to it!
Kris

John, couldn't be happier to help. Wish I could have been there to help today! The gf could have easily been convinced to make a pit stop for wood, as she knows I have firewood addiction issues and knows not much stops me from the pursuit haha. I'm sitting in Laguardia airport terminal now actually waiting for the new puppy to be unloaded off the plane.

I hope you don't mind, but I spread the word to 2 of my close friends that I scrounge firewood with, and they are interested as well. So there may be a few trucks to load when I come down to maximize the kubota being on site....it wasn't hard convincing when I told them a machine would help load them up. I'm thinking next weekend is looking pretty good on my end. I'm really pretty flexible for the next 2 weeks honestly, so let me know what works for you guys. Looking forward to it!
Kris

Check on the Land Trust's web-site (www.gltrust.org) | AboutUS| Staff and find Steve Conaway. Steve'll let you know directly about when a FEL could be handy. Some of the wood is back in the woods a bit, beyond where the tractor can be driven. It may take a bit of Norwegian steam (sweat) to get it out, as it will also for loading the bucket. You may even make good use of a wheelbarrow/cart.

However this works out, and I expect very well, Steve asks that anybody coming to load "touch base" with him, essentially as a courtesy, nothing more, at steve [at] gltrust.org. The Executive Director asked this of Steve as simply good form. I'm hoping you don't incite a "feeding frenzy for firewood" in your buds.

I wouldn't plan on having the tractor there on the weekends, unless you can plead & wheedle with Steve. He'd have to commute from NYC.

Let's see when we can arrange a short orientation on site, us two. PM would work best for navigational info, of course.

Back