LSX FEVER

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
So who has LSX fever? I've had it for a while but never acted on it. Now I own an ly6 and I'm just at the beginning of creating a 1,000 plus rear wheel horsepower engine. I'm not even going to change the main berings, I'm not even going to re-ring my 150,000 plus mile engine. HELL, I'm not even going to open up the gap on the existing rings.

I can't wait to plop this motor along with a th400 into my 1986 mustang! Ford tough with Chevy stuff I guess.

So who has LSX fever? I've had it for a while but never acted on it. Now I own an ly6 and I'm just at the beginning of creating a 1,000 plus rear wheel horsepower engine. I'm not even going to change the main berings, I'm not even going to re-ring my 150,000 plus mile engine. HELL, I'm not even going to open up the gap on the existing rings.

I can't wait to plop this motor along with a th400 into my 1986 mustang! Ford tough with Chevy stuff I guess.
Yeah buddy that sounds like a tire blastin good time!

Talk about timing!!!! I'm hooked, can't stop thinking about building a stroked 408 LQ9. I just finished building a L31 Vortec for my 84 K10 but want to do a FI LS motor!!!!

I am looking up at the vast surface of lsx parts floating along from 20' below. It's easy to begin to feel a choking sensation when confronted with such choice.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a LJMS stage II turbo cam along with some new springs & accompanying hardware.

THOUGH; the original attraction was that these motors will CRANK out the hp without so much as a power adder and an oil change.

I did break off the bottom of the oil dip stick today, maybe I'll punch it out, get a forged 4.8 crank with some nice berings and spin it 8,500 rpm on 2 BAR. its ALLL possible in this LSX ice
rink!!!
Before that, I'm gonna put a borg warner s480 infront of the cammed 6.0 with 93 pump & water/meth & that's about it. 1000 @ the wheels should be easy..

Back