Makita/Dolmar P/C Kit from Watsonr Arrived Today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac 6-10

Steve on O. P. E.
Reaction score
I got this in the mail today

IMG_20131120_171500.jpg

Here are a few views of the plating. I really thought it was pretty good. The transfers look pretty small but I'm sure someone on this site could fix that! The port bevels are all nicely done and the ring glides smoothly over them will no tendency to snag. I should have it running buy the weekend and I'll post my findings.
IMG_20131120_172242.jpg

IMG_20131120_172249.jpg

Those transfers being small is what makes the 7900 such a high strung beast.....hogging them out wold be a step backward.

That makes sense as it would keep the intake velocity high. This is my first closed port cylinder I have looked at and with it being a Chinese part I wasn't sure if they where supposed to be small. I ordered some loctite 518 today. Dang that stuff is expensive!

Ok so I measured squish in 4 places with the base gasket installed. I came out with .034, .034, .035, .034. Not too bad.
IMG_20131121_202035.jpg

time for a muffler mod and cat delete. All I did was uncrimp the muffler and slide the cat and baffle plates out. then I enlarged the outlet and crimped the two outer halves back together.
IMG_20131108_102718.jpg

factory outlet
IMG_20131108_103646.jpg

After some grindingIMG_20131108_104231.jpg

That makes sense as it would keep the intake velocity high. This is my first closed port cylinder I have looked at and with it being a Chinese part I wasn't sure if they where supposed to be small. I ordered some loctite 518 today. Dang that stuff is expensive!

Taiwan I think, not China.

Back together now. I may get it in some wood sunday but its going to be cold and possible rain so we'll seen.IMG_20131121_211653.jpg

All the drilled and tapped holes where dead on and very well done. I think it should run very well

Forgive my ignorance please, but... Does this kit appear to be clean enough for an amateur build, or as many others seem to require a bit of finishing the rough edges?

Edit: I'm sure your pics tell the story, but I'm having trouble loading them. Hope it's a winner!

Forgive my ignorance please, but... Does this kit appear to be clean enough for an amateur build, or as many others seem to require a bit of finishing the rough edges?

Edit: I'm sure your pics tell the story, but I'm having trouble loading them. Hope it's a winner!

Yes the quality it very good. I bolted on and I did go!

I put one of those on a 7300, did not modify the p&c at all, just bolted on. Did do a muffler mod like yours. It is real easy to swap them out. I have a 7900 stock and this 84ccBB and they are very close. The 7900 winds up a little quicker and since it is well broken in I have it tached to 13,500K, the 84cc BB gets to 12,500 but since it is still newer I set it rich at 12K. The edge in torque may go to the 84cc but it is frog hair close. I was amazed how close the 7300 is to 7900!!!

Nice saws and fun to work on, enjoy and I hope the weather holds off for you.

Chances are if the Dude's name is Randy (Evans or Watsoner) you can't go wrong!!!

Back