Makita taking over Dolmar brand in the USA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that is I find perfect in the Makita lineup with being besides Honda the only manufacturer of real 4 stroke equipment. That I find will make transition for homeowners much easier if they can simply use the same gas can as for the lawnmower/-tractor.

Yea but that little bit of information has to get to the homeowner. I just found this out when I bought my 3 new saws this December. I told my bud this who is a suburban landscaper with several trailers full of equipment. He was unaware. Unfortunately for Dolmar/Makita he's not the type of guy who is going to drive 100 miles and use up an afternoon to go find equipment, like I did to go buy my saws.

Makita should step up the game on the dealer network. I live in a large metropolitan area and if you look on the website the dealers that are shown might have a product or 2. They have a sticker on the window and that's about it. I tried calling the one dealer for 2 days and no one answered. The one shop is a big Toro dealer so that over rides hand held sales. Like I said, they had some empty racks and brochures. No product. Makita can have he best product going but if its not pushing them they are going to have a tough time cracking the line-up with no store fronts.

The EA are the newer models. The only DCS models available here are the 5121 (510) and 6421 (6400).

What you're distributor told you it's not true.

Received new DCS6421R and EA7900PR and they are German made.
Thanks.

I have 2 good dealers near me, they are switching over to Makita, I have bought 3 Dolmars in the last couple weeks, 6100, 421, and a 7910 yesterday. I wanted the Dolmar name and I got them for really good prices due to the changeover, Dealer said it confuses customers having 2 different names. I was happy to help.:)

I'm glad I got my DSCS 6421 before the China take over the market....LOL.
I will not spend my money on The EA series....
Look above, the EA has nothing to do with china! DCS = Dolmar chain saw...

I wonder if there are multiple product origins for some models and some markets might get the Chinese one while another market gets the German or Japanese one?

I wonder if there are multiple product origins for some models and some markets might get the Chinese one while another market gets the German or Japanese one?
I'm glad I got my DSCS 6421 before the China take over the market....LOL.
I will not spend my money on The EA series....

A while back I was told by the Makita distributor here the DCS were always the German origin saws we know, the EA were Chinese assembled with German parts, excluding (at that time) one entirely Japanese design and manufactured model (I can't recall which one).

I note the EA79XX models in the list above. Does that mean they are now assembled in China like the other EA saws, or still completely German origin or? I mean, it seems like the model code is no longer enough to work out where the parts are made or the saws are assembled.

To my knowledge all USA available Dolmar/Makita chainsaws and power cutters are made in Germany with the exception of the PS-32/EA3201 and the EK7651(4stroke). PS-510 was at one time assembled in china but that hasnt been the case in a long time.

Some of the new models just coming out I havent laid eyes on yet so I dont want to comment and possibly give out information that isnt accurate.

@166

There's a list of new models at this site. The 56cc saw might be a completely new design rather than an ungrade of an old model. The 36cc design is new as far as I know.

http://www.coptool.com/makita-and-dolmar-are-merging-into-a-single-brand/

New Makita Power Equipment Chain Saws (Rolling Changes)

EA3200SR – 14″ 32 cc Chain Saw
EA3201SR – 14″ 32 cc Chain Saw w/ Tool-less Tensioner
EA3500SR – 16″ 35 cc Chain Saw
EA3601SR – 16″ 36 cc Chain Saw w/ Tool-less Tensioner
EA4300FR – 16″ 43 cc Chain Saw
DCS5121R – 18″ 50 cc Chain Saw
EA5600FR – 16″-20″ 56 cc Chain Saw
EA5000PR – 16″-20″ 50 cc Chain Saw
EA5001PR – 16″-20″ 50 cc Heated Handle Chain Saw
EA6100PR – 20″ 61 cc Chain Saw
EA7300PR – 73 cc Chain Saw
EA7301PR – 73 cc Heated Handle Chain Saw
EA7900PR – 79 cc Chain Saw
EA7901PR – 79 cc Heated Handle Chain Saw
Had the chance to test the new 36cc model for a couple of weeks. It is an interesting little saw, has nice torque and is light weight, good fuel economy. It has reed strato design just like the ps-6100. Wondering what that 56cc saw will be like, no information about it anywhere.

Check out @Finnlogger on Instagram

Sent from my DMC-CM1 using Tapatalk

I love there design, the 7910 I just picked up new this week is well balanced, might send the 421 to MMWS instead of the 6100 for now, my son should love that thing.

f248381831cd8d9851ec1a295e1de88d.jpg

I believe it's 35,2cc instead of 36cc.

f248381831cd8d9851ec1a295e1de88d.jpg

I believe it's 35,2cc instead of 36cc.

I like the partial red top cover, very sharp looking, stihl and husqvarna better look out!

I wish they'd left the Blue to electric stuff & continued the updated covers like the one in FinnLogger's post.

2 Rings & A Flattop, LLC Test Dummy

I have 2 good dealers near me, they are switching over to Makita, I have bought 3 Dolmars in the last couple weeks, 6100, 421, and a 7910 yesterday. I wanted the Dolmar name and I got them for really good prices due to the changeover, Dealer said it confuses customers having 2 different names. I was happy to help.:)
What part of Pa.?

Back