Mastermind Meets The 576XP Auto Tune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut another 10 cord with my 576at all I can say great saw very happy

I'm with you on the cover. My 346NE has an orange OE cover.......I gave the silver cover to an old 350 I sold. :laugh:

I'm interested in seeing how it responds too. If it's anything like the 562 it will be a freak. :)

Well, the design is several years older - so it is interesting to see if it makes a difference! ;)

The silver clutch cover doesn't bother my eyes nearly as much as that Fugly :angry2: top cover, but luckily there is a low version availiable as well! :msp_biggrin:

I did a 576 when they very first came out. I was making a jig to machine the base of the cylinder to compensate for a pop up piston. I dropped the jig with the cylinder mounted and broke it. Madsen's did not even have access to parts yet. So, two months later I finally got parts and modded the saw. I was very impressed. I have done three since then and like them a lot. Same with the 372 x-Torq, lots of potential. Have fun Randy.

I did a 576 when they very first came out. I was making a jig to machine the base of the cylinder to compensate for a pop up piston. I dropped the jig with the cylinder mounted and broke it. Madsen's did not even have access to parts yet. So, two months later I finally got parts and modded the saw. I was very impressed. I have done three since then and like them a lot. Same with the 372 x-Torq, lots of potential. Have fun Randy.

Wiggleworth just did a 372 x-torq....It took a few tanks to really wake up but the word is that's it's a very strong saw now.

Randy, you should work for Jack Rousch in the Ford RD department.I finally found out what subscribed and will follow along. A minor defect has been detect in the saw.Primer Bulb is missing.Anyway I shall be watching, Ken

Wiggleworth just did a 372 x-torq....It took a few tanks to really wake up but the word is that's it's a very strong saw now.

Mitch wasn't really impressed with it till he ran several ported 372's last weekend. The chain that was on it had virtually no rakers and it still pulled it real good. I'm gonna go get it when I get time an make a vid. I kinda left that other thread hangin...

I have done a few for some local fallers, they are no XPW, but pretty impressive none the less.

The faller I built this one for said it will wax the XPW they crushed. It wasn't ported, but had the squish set and muffler modded.

No its one single tract with a divider.

I pulled the divider out of the carb, and filter mount, but left the boot divider intact. I think the next one I do will get the boot divider cut out, just to see. Also gonna give it a couple degrees more exhaust.

Can't wait to see this under way.
Question: How will changing the coil get more revs out of this saw? Is it the coil that controls the carb or will the AT carb cut the coil back to 13,300? I just don't see how you can tell the saw to rev higher with out adjusting the carb. School me, I like the AT but don't know enough about them "out side the box" flexability
:cheers:

Can't wait to see this under way.
Question: How will changing the coil get more revs out of this saw? Is it the coil that controls the carb or will the AT carb cut the coil back to 13,300? I just don't see how you can tell the saw to rev higher with out adjusting the carb. School me, I like the AT but don't know enough about them "out side the box" flexability
:cheers:

I think I must have misled you somewhere. I don't change the coils. The AT is a fixed system as I understand it and can't be altered.

It will try to maintain to highest rpm in the cut. That is a worksaw builders dream come true. :)

has anyone compared cut times with the auto tune vs a reg carb saw in same cc ? both modded ?

Randy, you should work for Jack Rousch in the Ford RD department.I finally found out what subscribed and will follow along. A minor defect has been detect in the saw.Primer Bulb is missing.Anyway I shall be watching, Ken

But why would Randy want to work on turds , I mean ...... Fords ? :hmm3grin2orange:

Back