McCain Maple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll let you know when I get something oldirty, lots of season left. Looking forward to it - we should try and make it like an annual thing.

Maybe you can help me figure out what the hell I'm doing with this computer and put some pics up too?? lol.

"Channeling the inner dean". I like it too.

Gotta admit there aint nothing better than singing in a tree when nobody can hear you and the chippers chowing some tree up and making some $$.

Maybe we can get you down this year yet if your into it? be cool to hang out again. now that I got a decent crew going its hard to stay in work this year is the problem. FN economy. At least we've been working steady for a while now. Looks like MDS tree is gonna survive the recession at least. :cheers:

I here ya MDS up and down all year...real low at some points. But we are still working everyday and looks like we'll survive.

so far!

I here ya MDS up and down all year...real low at some points. But we are still working everyday and looks like we'll survive.

so far!

Looking forward to next year, this ones getting old. Everything is refferal and everytime i bid new work some desperate :censored: underbids me - at least it seems that way.

I just spent all day hacking on these two spruce trees for this old dude - all day, chips got blown into pile and I loaded wood with the tractor - for 1200. My original bid was 1500. He showed me an estimate from some new hack bag for 700 bucks. Let me tell you something, you could not have possibly cut these trees any faster than I did - at least not safely. I got the job by adding some other bigger trees and because he went to school with my dad. I turned it into a $3250 job ultimately but still, what a battle this year has been.

I get a crane only when there is no other way - or when it just makes the most sense because its rediculous to do it the traditional way.

I'm known for big cuts on takedowns and I usually try to get the chipper right to the tree and have two guys on the ground running two ropes on these cuts. Winch em right in!

I love this job. Friday me and Stubs were ripping this spruce and big white pine down with the new 372, rakers perfect (got two now), this thing was ripping the collars and all off with one cut, like butter. :) I was feeling my Howard Deane, lol.

Sawdustsite.com baby, lol.

Here's a piece I roped down on a removal in a backyard. Tested the pulley and 1/2 line on that one.. Go big or go HOME!!

Right... like those speedline pulleys?? Thats what I was thinking.

I've got one of those and a steel beaner on the rack, never used it much though.

You roped that piece off what size pulley ricker?? whats it rated for?

The pulley is a CMI 4" and is rated for 20000 lbs. The top where the beaner clips on got a slight crimp and also left a indent on the beaner. Nothing serious though, it still gets used and abused!!

Back