McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, there are some ports that are filled with plastic. What is the purpose of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7ab838a5568439d4abce6f58bfab77c6.jpg
ecfd709d463f062a99d8d99a84313e06.jpg
b34e09ed0a457a672ff8bb316c53dd71.jpg
1b104ad80fad7493b8c6bed763e8f9b1.jpg

Just picked up this little guy, hadn't run in a while but the PO was smart enough to run it dry. Fresh fuel in the tank and a little prime and she's a runner!!!!! I don't think it was used very much hence the decent paint. Probably a homeowner. Still wearing the original Mac 10 hardnose bar that was beat and looks like it was never flipped. I dressed it on my bench grinder and squeezed the rails a little in the vise. Only problem with it is the chainbrake band is broken. Anyone have one? Or a clutch cover without a brake?
What year do you guys think it is? It uses the early air filter and has no operator presence lever but has a chain brake.

Oh..... I gave $30 for it..... how'd I do?

Plastic filled ports, no idea. Epoxy shaping I could see.

The crank side seal is blown out. The flywheel side of every top tank and front tank saw and every kart engine Mac will have 2 seals.

Alright, thanks for the info. I will try to get some pictures of what I'm talking about on the ports

Heck of a deal for a runner!

Hopefully it's half as reliable as the one dad bought new in 1971.
I just spent over an hour sorting out the mess of a chain...... someone filed it halfway back with The wrong size file. Took forever and a new file to get the tooth profile back and take down the safety rakers (I hate safety chain)
Anyway, it cuts as it should now.

Coincidentally I picked up this one yesterday. Recoil spring was sprung. Fixed that, gave it some new mix, fired right up. Has a weeping fuel leak somewhere that I'll track down today. 20 bux. People just don't respect these saws for what they really are...., teeth rattlin', ear bleedin', bulletproof bad asses. Tough for me to not rescue these things when I see em on CL. The one in the background was a freebie along with another right hand start basket case that just needs some TLC and a few parts.

0521171227_resized.jpg

0521171228_resized.jpg

How 'bout a SP70?

I don't recall the numbers but I put a NOS pro Mac 10-10 carburetor on my super pro 60 and it runs like a top. I put a NOS 10-10 carburetor on my super pro 70 but I had to change out the throttle shaft. It then worked fine.

I think I saw that one!!! Are you in my are pogo? I remember seeing one, guy said he replaced the rope but though the spring was broken.......
The one I got came from Facebook. I've seen a lot of Macs for sale on there for cheap money lately.

I don't recall the numbers but I put a NOS pro Mac 10-10 carburetor on my super pro 60 and it runs like a top. I put a NOS 10-10 carburetor on my super pro 70 but I had to change out the throttle shaft. It then worked fine.

Thanks.

North Central Ohio. Think I have most of the Macs ever listed on CL around here unless they were way over priced or pure junk..., like the $800 PM850 I saw yesterday. Sure.

You makin' any progress on that 440?

Honestly, I think I made a really stupid, really rookie mistake with the 440...... I think I was trying to tune it with fuel tank mostly empty [emoji53] I had thought I had put enough fuel in it but the tank has a baffle plate in it and the filter sits above the baffle, and there was barely any fuel above the baffle. I feel kind of dumb but at this point I think I'm gonna reseal the whole thing and put in new points and condenser while it's apart. And hopefully never be in it again.
Just taking a break from it for right now.

Aside from minor differences for linkage and adjustments, there are also two different venturi sizes with the SDC's as pointed out by Mark H. when I was juggling carbs for my SP81 rebuild. Othewrise they seem to be pretty much interchangeable from one 10 Series saw to another.

Latest posts

Back