McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh. Those belong there. They drill the bottom transfer ports from the bottom channel into the cylinder during manufacturing through those holes, then put aluminum plugs smeared with shellac or something to seal it off. Those plugs are on all 90 Series and Super Series cylinders.

Oh. Those belong there. They drill the bottom transfer ports from the bottom channel into the cylinder during manufacturing through those holes, then put aluminum plugs smeared with shellac or something to seal it off. Those plugs are on all 90 Series and Super Series cylinders.

Thanks for the information. That's interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the purpose of a crank seal chart I found online. Would this saw be considered a top tank saw or a front tank saw.
aec17f01fa2edc57078b2b8a5f61d351.jpg

f802cb4a26a0490c0cbb1f00950a2623.jpg
80bf59dbf99f5c6f007f613d61d45284.jpg

That is a top tank, flip it over and read the number stamped on the crankcase.

My guess is 1-86?

Mark - still in Egypt

The bottom of the saw is stamped 47873B. That number shows up on the MC100 ipl. So, the saw probably started out as a 1-86? It does have a auto oiler.
Thanks

Have an opportunity to pick up an old mac two man...looks to be a 5-49. Good shape, complete...minus bar at this point...says he knows it is in the shop. Any idea of a price to start with for an offer? What should I look for when checking it out? Thanks for any info.

7ab838a5568439d4abce6f58bfab77c6.jpg
ecfd709d463f062a99d8d99a84313e06.jpg
b34e09ed0a457a672ff8bb316c53dd71.jpg
1b104ad80fad7493b8c6bed763e8f9b1.jpg

Just picked up this little guy, hadn't run in a while but the PO was smart enough to run it dry. Fresh fuel in the tank and a little prime and she's a runner!!!!! I don't think it was used very much hence the decent paint. Probably a homeowner. Still wearing the original Mac 10 hardnose bar that was beat and looks like it was never flipped. I dressed it on my bench grinder and squeezed the rails a little in the vise. Only problem with it is the chainbrake band is broken. Anyone have one? Or a clutch cover without a brake?
What year do you guys think it is? It uses the early air filter and has no operator presence lever but has a chain brake.

Oh..... I gave $30 for it..... how'd I do?

Anyone have a p/n for the chainbrake band? Or an ipl I could look at? Thanks.

I'm coming up with 91238 for the short cover version and 93081 for the long cover version. I believe they're the same band in both applications, just different numbers. I'll try to dig up the correct (or close) IPL for you. Have a tag number?

Yep. Good lookin' 10-10 right there.

It looks like those are indeed two different parts. Looks like 91238 is what I need. Thanks.

Going to get the 797 out next weekend to play but the cap had no valve. So I order a couple Homelite duckbills off of evilbay from a seller based out of Plainfield, IL 2 Saturdays ago. Due to not seeing any shipping info/tracking - I send a message last Wed or Thurs and get no reply. Shipping is posted on Sunday as shipped which probably means it was just noted in evilbay. Still no tracking as of today - 10 days. I guess I should have read the reviews and took better note of the 99.4 rating.....

Now I'm in a pinch and have to come up with something. Here's my temporary fix so no fuel spits out of the cap when running. I was thinking some kind of reed design.

Small piece of 1/16 inch rubber fiber gasket material shaped and put in place with Permatex gasket maker. Only sealed 1/2 of the cap post so the gasket piece can move. Seams to work - able to lightly blow air through the top but nothing from the bottom. We'll see how it holds. Sorry the pic is a bit dark.
DSCN5070.JPG

The red Homelite duckbill is not the right one for the large frame saw fuel caps.

Bob Johnson sells the right one for $6 plus shipping.

Mark
Thanks! Threw out a post for a lead on the correct duckbill when I first got the saw with no replies. When I was searching I think I could only find 3 or 5 packs and was being cheap. Searched some more and heard the Homelite could be used with cap modification so went with that. I'll take a contact for Bob if you have please.

Any one have any information or feed back on a 6-10. I had one given to me that is kind of rough but restorable. Seams like it has a lot of compression. It has a funky compression release not sure how it works. I will take some pictures and post them. I looked it up and it shows to be a 70cc saw and it seams like it weighs about the same as a 10-10. Not bad.

Brian

Back